Should I Start Dating?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I Start Dating?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2019 at 11:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BRR
    BRR
    Participant
    June 10, 2019 at 3:46 pm #201808
    Should I Start Dating?

I haven’t been with a woman in over a dozen years. I’m approaching 40. I have a pathological relationship with my mother (who I live with). I have serious psychological diagnosees (anxiety, bipolar with psychosis, avoidant personality disorder, and a cannabis problem). I have no car and a very low status job. I have very little sexual or dating experience and haven’t had any sex for a dozen years.

However, I’m better mentally then I’ve ever been. I’m off the pot for good. I have a strong urge to talk to girls and I want to get on the horse and start dating. Should I wait until I get a car a and a better job? Should I wait until I move into my own place? This will all take a few years and I really don’t want to wait unless my position is just so poor that I’ll attract ladies with similar situations or worse.

If that is the case, I want a woman that is willing, able, and currently working on herself. I don’t expect anybody to be perfect or better off than me.

I currently feel like a p

richard obenz
    richard obenz
    Participant
    June 11, 2019 at 6:34 pm #201898

,love is not all about money but joy and fill that make you fill as the reel you and make your day longer

richard obenz
    richard obenz
    Participant
    June 11, 2019 at 6:41 pm #201899

for me ever since i
    lost my wife i dont think i can find any other woman that can love me like that a woman that will love me whit her true heart noing THAT I HAVE FIVE YEARS DOTER AND WILLING TO AXEPT HER AS SHE AXPTED ME

jm123098
    jm123098
    Participant
    June 13, 2019 at 3:10 pm #202033

Just start datung

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 14, 2019 at 12:38 pm #202117

“I have a strong urge to talk to girls and I want to get on the horse and start dating.”
    I believe your own statement answers your question: Should I start dating?

Yes, you’re going to have some serious challenges being a 40 year old guy living with his mother.
    However I suspect you would not be the FIRST guy who lived with his mother, had a low paying job, and got a girlfriend!

Most likely you will have to adjust your sights and figure out what type of woman would want a guy in your shoes.
    Odds are it will be a woman in a similar position as yourself. Not only would she be able to empathize she would “get you”.
    She probably is NOT going to be a young “drop dead gorgeous” career driven woman with a lot going for herself.
    There may even be niche online dating sites for people with avoidant personality disorder. Like attracts like.

If you post a profile on an over age 40 website or find some niche sites you never know what might happen.
    Ultimately you got nothing to lose!

BRR
    BRR
    Participant
    June 15, 2019 at 12:16 am #202156

I appreciate all of your replies! After discussing it with a number of people and I’ve decided to wait another year. I haven’t been off of cannabis for very long and it takes that long to get all of the seasonal triggers sorted out. That will also give me time to get a better job and be in a better spot overall. I want to jump on it, but waiting is the plan for now.