Should I talk to him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I talk to him?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 8:37 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sara5269
    sara5269
    Participant
    October 8, 2018 at 6:59 am #186428
    Should I talk to him?

I met this guy on tinder about a month ago. We started talking and actually took things to Instagram, we fitted perfectly and said the same things at the same time, conversation was flowing and he kept saying how I was the best person he had met all year and how I was the female version of him and how happy he was he was talking to me. We texted 24/7, but couldn’t meet immediately because he was on holiday with his family and I was in my hometown. We met after two weeks and a half, we had sex and I slept over his house and it was the most amazing experience ever. He even kissed me during the night every time he moved and he kept telling me how perfect I was and how glad he was to have met me. We were supposed to meet the following night but one of his friends broke off a long term relationship and was feeling horrible so he stayed to help him and then I went back home and we decided to wait to see each other when college starts in October. (more in the comments)

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 8, 2018 at 11:32 am #186435

The mistake a lot of people make with Tinder and other online sites/apps is they emotionally invest too soon!
    It’s the equivalent of job hunting by sending out one resume to one company.
    Then you wait around to see if they’ll hire you before submitting your resume to another company.
    That’s not the most effective way to find a job or a mate.

You said: “we decided to wait to see each other when college starts in October.”
    Rarely if ever do two people look at each other and say at the same time: “Lets not see one another!”
    Replay the conversation in your mind and determine (who) initiated the conversation or made the suggestion.
    I bet it was HIM!

You have to remind yourself you’re NOT in a “relationship” with this guy and there’s been no talk about being “exclusive’.
    Odds are he still has an active Tinder profile and is keeping his options open with regard to dating (other women).
    Keep (your) options open. Stop over romanticizing! You’re not a couple! (Not yet).

matchalatte
    matchalatte
    Participant
    October 8, 2018 at 9:53 pm #186442

I agree with dashingscorpio’s comment. Things moved quickly at the beginning. I think you both should have waited a bit before having sex. Waiting is usually the “test” and people’s true intentions start showing when you wait longer. Maybe he blew you off. Waiting to see someone in October sounds shady to me. A person who feels genuine about you would really want to see you and if they’re unable to they would at least text/call you

sara5269
    sara5269
    Participant
    October 9, 2018 at 8:26 am #186429

However after two weeks he started texting like once in 6 hours and I was so annoyed I told him it was clear he didn’t want to talk so he better leave it on read even though I knew he was with his family but no one is really thaaat busy and so he did leave me on read and now we haven’t talked in a week, even though he’s liked all the pics I’ve posted, and I miss him so much. College starts in a week and I have no idea if I should talk to him myself or just let it go cuz if he’ll want to text me he will. But I really miss talking to him.
    Basically what I texted him was me telling him I was really annoyed because we had like 6 texts all day every day for a week and that I wasn’t dumb that I could see how he didn’t want to talk to me anymore so I didn’t want to be clingy and then I told him to just leave me on read.
    I sent this one night at 3AM when I was really sad and the next morning he opened it and just left me on read. We haven’t talked ever since however he;s liked my pics.