Should I tell her how I feel or just take it slow?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 12:44 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anomaly6
    Anomaly6
    Participant
    July 5, 2019 at 8:23 pm #203299

She is the sweetest and most beautiful girl in the world, from the very second we first talked, I knew that we would become friends for life. Have you ever met someone that right away you just clicked like never before with anyone ever? I have never made anyone smile and laugh like her, she opens up to me and it’s the greatest thing in the world. Her entire shield just instantly drops when we talk. If we didn’t happen to bump into each other by accident, I would never have talked to her because she is too intimidating when her defenses are up. But with me, it’s like she forgets that she needs to pretend, she is just herself and I love absolutely everything about her.

It really feels like she is the best friend I have prayed for my entire life and I am blessed to have met her. I thought I would spend my entire life searching and hoping to meet someone like her but it really happened and sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure it’s not just a dream! I can’t even imagine my life…

Anomaly6
    Anomaly6
    Participant
    July 5, 2019 at 8:23 pm #203300

..without her anymore, I’m a completely different person. I feel like she gives me so much strength and that I can endure anything because she is in my life. It really is worth fighting every single day to survive because I am fighting for us both. We make an absolutely amazing team, we work together so perfectly and have so much in common.

I was really on the verge of giving up on love entirely, I thought I would always be lonely even though I’m constantly surrounded by people. And then she appeared and I can’t even express how much gratitude I have for that. I thank the Lord every single day for letting me meet her. She has been a blessing to me and I look forward to every moment that I get to see her. She gives me so much hope, I just love her so much and always will no matter what happens. Even if we become just friends, I will be happy having her in my life.

Reading that back, all I want to do is hand her my phone and just be like “read this” and have her read those 3 paragraphs

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 6, 2019 at 1:16 pm #203308

Slow your roll!

“It really feels like she is the best friend”
    “Even {if} we become just friends, I will be happy having her in my life.”

Those are two conflicting statements which suggest you barely know this girl!

“she opens up to me and it’s the greatest thing in the world. Her entire shield just instantly drops when we talk.”
    This is actually very common when a girl is NOT romantically attracted to a guy. You are in the “friend zone”!

Odds are if she thought you were “hot” or she had romantic interest in you she would be guarded.
    She would strive to avoid saying or doing anything which may “blow it” with you.
    Based upon what you said I suspect she sees you as nothing more than a {potential friend}.

If you start telling her she’s the love of your life and you want to be with her always you’ll probably scare her off!
    “Nice guys” always make the mistake of putting a girl on a pedestal. Her family and best friends don’t treat her that way.
    That creeps some women out.

matthewjcr
    matthewjcr
    Participant
    July 6, 2019 at 4:46 pm #203311

Yeah I would agree you may feel like there is a great connection but unless she feels chemistry she is always going to think of you as a friend.

VGK1
    VGK1
    Participant
    July 7, 2019 at 8:39 pm #203332

Have you had any romantic banter? There are other options than “telling” or “taking it slow”. Get more playful, see her reactions, create a moment and get close to her. The worst that can happen is she tells you that she doesn’t think of you that way, adn you still have a great friend, or know to move on.

Hope that helps.

Anomaly6
    Anomaly6
    Participant
    July 8, 2019 at 8:20 am #203301

..What would your reaction be if someone you met only a couple months ago handed you that to read? Would you freak out and run away or would you instantly fall in love with them? One part of me wants to give her that to read while the other part knows that is absolutely insane and it would turn her completely off. Or is that a risk worth taking? Maybe she also believes in us as much as I do.. We seem to have clicked but are both maybe just a little too hesitant to act too quickly.

Do you think she feels similarly about me and knowing I feel it too would make things so much simpler for us? Should I just trust in my heart and believe she will accept anything that I tell her? I think that in this extraordinarily short period of time, we really have formed a special bond. She has told me personal things I doubt she would tell me if she didn’t trust in me. Why is it always so difficult between 2 people to just be straightforward with their feelings for each other? I have this overwhelming

Anomaly6
    Anomaly6
    Participant
    July 8, 2019 at 8:20 am #203315

Thanks, I appreciate the honesty so keep it coming! I have her # but dont want to overwhelm her so I only texted her once and she texted right back so thats a good sign!

Anyway, its all my fault because I always go for those WAY out of my league and she’s gorgeous & smart as hell, a 10++++++! And we really do have startling things in common like where we are from and how we got to living where we are, so we share a large common thread, that is a fact! We are such similar personalities, naturals at dealing with all sorts if people and all sorts of conflict and convincing people that we truly care so our personalities are very alike. We are so great working together as a team and if I’m not delusional, she knows that too because she lived it with me! We can truly do something great together in this life…

I’ll lie low for a while then text her again asking how she is doing if I dont see her.. And a true friendship with her sounds A-OK to me! I just want her in my life because I’m …

Anomaly6
    Anomaly6
    Participant
    July 8, 2019 at 6:20 pm #203454

These character limits have really made my posts confusing, sorry! I widdled these all down yet still too long.. Can you change limit to 2000 maybe? Thanks for your advice!

simisima
    simisima
    Participant
    July 8, 2019 at 8:24 pm #203455

i think you should take your time to study her and see if she feels the same way towards you.don’t rush to express how you feel cuz that might drive her away.

PrincessNym
    PrincessNym
    Participant
    July 9, 2019 at 5:16 am #203462
    Reply To: Should I tell her how I feel or just take it slow?

I’m in a similar situation with a guy right now…I’m taking it slow though. He needs to realise that there is a strong connection between us. Which he does but is scared to admit. I think you need to back up slightly and let this relationship develop.

Anomaly6
    Anomaly6
    Participant
    July 9, 2019 at 7:00 pm #203505

Thanks guys! I dont see her anymore but I have her # so I’ll have to text her and hope she replies and doesnt ghost me like everyone I’ve ever cared about.. Or I just pick the absolute wrong people to give my heart & soul away to lol

honeybunny
    honeybunny
    Participant
    July 10, 2019 at 5:16 am #203506

Hey!
    My advice would be to take it slow… as a girl she will want to feel heard, loved and cared about… but from a friend status first! Once you are on the same page then go!