Should I text her or let it be?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 1:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anonlover
    anonlover
    Participant
    May 26, 2018 at 4:36 pm #175393

So about 5 weeks ago I slid in this girls dms and i actually got her to let me take her on a date. So i got her number and arranged a date for us to eat at a resteraunt. But i noticed shes not the type to text everyday, only for important things or when she wanted to go on another date. We basically have been taking turn arranging dates. So weve been seeing each other about once a week for the past 5 weeks, and things have been going good between us, we have a lot in common and get along nice, but i arranged the last date and as the pattern went before, it was her turn. But now its almost been 2 weeks simce our last date, which went amazing for both of us. I just dont get it, if she cared she would arrange a date or at least text to ask if we were gonna soon? So ive been trying to not come off as a creep and keep asking if shes into me and if everythings ok, but by doing that ive put myself in a position where we havent even spoken in a while, do i just let it fall off or text her

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 10, 2018 at 10:46 am #178867

“..if she cared she would arrange a date or at least text to ask if we were gonna soon?”
    You’re right! If she (cared). Her actions or lack there of are an indication she’s not all that “into you”.
    If someone isn’t meeting you half way during the so called “infatuation period” of a budding new relationship move on!
    Two weeks without any contact speaks for itself. You shouldn’t have to always be the one initiating contact after 5 weeks of dating.

Odds are she’s going out on dates with other guys which isn’t a bad thing.
    After all it’s not as though you two are in an “exclusive relationship”.
    For all she knows you may be going out with other girls. (Which by the way you should be!)

Last but not least the primary purpose of a phone is {talking} with people.
    These days there’s an over dependence on sending quick text messages instead of having conversations.
    While on the actual date the two of you should have made plans for the following week if it was so amazing.

carapc73
    carapc73
    Participant
    July 10, 2018 at 12:19 pm #178883

I think you need to strip ask her if it has been bothering me this much. There’s really no point not to at this point.

Hogwartian
    Hogwartian
    Participant
    July 24, 2018 at 6:58 pm #180201

You should text her! I recently had so much stress with not knowing the answer and as soon as I asked, I felt a lot better. I didn’t get the answer I wanted but I least I’m not going crazy over it anymore! I hope it all goes well!! 🙂

Tilalit
    Tilalit
    Participant
    July 25, 2018 at 2:48 am #180207

Text her, why not?

Wonderdog1996
    Wonderdog1996
    Participant
    July 25, 2018 at 3:43 pm #180242

Let it sit for a while and let her be the one to now respond since you already did the low damage. I give her 2 more weeks to make up her mind if not wth are you wasting your time with her then if you keep waiting after the 2 more weeks? Imagine the relationship if were what I last said IDK what I would do lol.

Zeppydoodah
    Zeppydoodah
    Participant
    July 26, 2018 at 2:05 am #180261

Send her a quick text. Ask if she’s interested in going out soon. If she doesn’t respond in two or three days, do your own thing. Like someone else said, she is most likely going out on dates so you should also be doing the same! Good luck!

lonelyfella12
    lonelyfella12
    Participant
    July 27, 2018 at 2:08 am #180315

Let it be for now

Khelly
    Khelly
    Participant
    July 28, 2018 at 7:41 am #180416

She may be playing hard to get?

Text her if she is interested in going out? It won’t do any harm.
    If she says “No”, then let it be. Move on.

j1985
    j1985
    Participant
    July 29, 2018 at 8:19 pm #180447
    Reply To: Should I text her or let it be?

I say text her. Getting an answer will help with closure either way and if she doesn’t message back then just move on.

Monkeyguy8080
    Monkeyguy8080
    Participant
    July 29, 2018 at 9:48 pm #180448

Let it be for now I would say

Kyou420
    Kyou420
    Participant
    July 30, 2018 at 12:49 pm #180492

let it be for now , I had a similar case like you where i slided into a girls dm’s and then we started writing , met her 1 time on a date and like 1 day after the date we just stopped writing. I didn’t want to write her again ( like you ) so I just said to myself : ” hey , shes deffinitely interested in me or atleast my looks so all i have to do is wait and see her on a party or something again “. and yeah like 2 months later i encountered her in a nightclub, we talked and immediately had a nice chemistry again , we made out and yeah we didn’t end up being a couple but hey atleast i had my fun in that 1 night.

im sure if i had spam texted her to ” go out with me again ” she would’ve been turned off and i couldn’t have had the opportunity wich i got later.

MeltedDuke
    MeltedDuke
    Participant
    July 30, 2018 at 6:55 pm #180520

In my experience, better to keep trying and have it burn to the ground than play games and save face. you’ll learn more this way and you’ll have a better idea of what to do next time.

steliou.marios
    steliou.marios
    Participant
    August 3, 2018 at 8:59 am #180758

text her!

clwc
    clwc
    Participant
    August 6, 2018 at 11:21 am #180892

I definitely think that you should text her and not think too much about it!

1 2