Should I text him or leave it?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    March 3, 2020 at 9:02 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BellaHH
    BellaHH
    Participant
    December 22, 2019 at 11:01 am #226927

So I met this guy through mutual friends, I’ve gone on one date with him (it went really well) and a few days later he wanted to arrange another. I, however, was going home for 3 weeks so won’t be able to make any plans until after the new year. We decided that we would organise something closer to the time but we would definitely have another date. Since I’ve been home for the first week we talked constantly, however he now hasn’t text me in 3 days (still views my stories and social media accounts)
    Is he no longer interested? Should I message him or should I leave it until I’m back in the same city as him? or should I wait on him to message me?

Akintunde
    Akintunde
    Participant
    December 23, 2019 at 1:45 am #226940

You should message him. If you’e been messaging every time for a week, he’s definitely invested in you somewhat. It’s Christmas, a busy time of year for some people, we don’t know what he may be up to or what family social plans he has.

Plus it’s 2019, just because you’re the girl doesn’t mean you can’t initiate 😉

Message him, he” respond positively knowing he doesn’t have to do everything with you 🙂

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 23, 2019 at 10:28 am #226949

Never confuse a “situationship” with a relationship.

At this point you shouldn’t allow yourself to become {emotionally invested}.
    Odds are you are not (the only one) he’s in contact with or pursuing for dates.
    The smart thing for you to do is to keep YOUR options open.

This is far from being in an exclusive or committed relationship. Therefore don’t act like you’re in one.
    You should leave it alone and in the meantime communicate and date other guys.
    If he’s interested he’ll reach out to you and if he’s not you will not have wasted your life away waiting by the phone.

Best wishes!

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    December 25, 2019 at 12:03 am #226980

Marciezell posting is SPAM/SCAM

Moderators, please remove that posting

frank34
    frank34
    Participant
    December 26, 2019 at 7:23 am #226985

I think he is flirting with you.. he will definitely message you when you will go back to his city. he is just interesting for dating with you. he don’t loves you.

JesperT
    JesperT
    Participant
    January 3, 2020 at 2:38 am #227219

It could mean several things, for example he might have found some other girl that is his piority right now, or maybe he has something else to do in his life right now, maybe he just plays a little game where he think your interest will increase if he pulls back a bit.
    But as dashingscorpio says, you should focus on yourself, be active and keep other options open. Focusing too hard on one person too early will cause you to get emotionally attached to someone that might not feel the same way back.
    The risk is then high that you will push him too hard, which make him feel uneasy and you actually increase the risk of getting rejected. If you have more options you will feel more at ease flirting with this guy making the chances for a success higher.