Should I undo the breakup?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 2:43 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Borey
    Borey
    Participant
    May 29, 2019 at 8:30 pm #201346

My girlfriend and I were together 8 months, but known each other for over a year. I can talk to her for hours, she’s the most thoughtful, levelheaded woman I’ve ever been with and I wanted to be with her. We’ve had small bumps in the road, like small arguments that seemed like big ones where we stopped talking for a day or so, but we always were able to realize it wasn’t as bad as what we thought so it was worked out.

She was in a major accident 2 months back and was in the hospital for 1 1/2months. It only brought us closer. We started working on plans together, as a couple for our future. She ended up being rehospitalized last week and things got weird. She started acting stalkerish, came to my house being dramatic and accusing me of not being there for her. So I backed off. I was done. She would blow my phone up constantly but i wouldn’t answer. I officially told her I’m done last weekend after she started acting weird demanding money that she gave me me. I ended it right then

sabthefabk
    sabthefabk
    Participant
    May 30, 2019 at 1:34 am #201350

I think she’s going through a lot right now, give her some space and tell her you’ll be there for her if she ever needs you:)If she really loves you, she’ll apologize or talk about getting back together.

Borey
    Borey
    Participant
    May 30, 2019 at 8:53 am #201347

*This is my post continued*
    Fast forward now, I just texted her about giving her money back, but instead her sister who usually would keep me updated of what was going on with her from my now ex-gf phone throughout the whole process, was now texting me. Here’s what the text said:

This is her sister, Alicia. Don’t even fret about this money nonsense! For you to be giving it to her speaks volumes about you, seeing as she’s gone thee fuck off on everybody, especially about the surgery. Freaking out about it everyday, coming to my job randomly which she’s never done, and calling everybody all day, etc . We know her to be fiery, but level headed and playful. She’s been flat-out obsessive about stuff, paranoid, mood swings, and not sleeping since she came from the hospital the second time. At one point she argued with her best friend, who she doesn’t argue with ever, so we knew something was off with her, but assumed she was going crazy because of this surgery.

Borey
    Borey
    Participant
    May 30, 2019 at 8:53 am #201348

Long story short when I finally reached out to her earlier to pay back the money, it was her sister who replied telling me that my ex was ultimately wrongfully prescribed two different antidepressants. She had only needed painkillers and or a sleep aide. As a result, she had tripped out on pretty much everybody, her sis told me. Arguing with her best friend (which is completely left of what my girlfriend is like), coming up to her older siblings job randomly, just acting trippy, having mood swings, and very very confrontational. Her sister let me know that her surgeon is who caught on that my ex was being super nutty and jittery. They put her on an IV to allow the meds to completely dilute the remaining meds before they would proceed with surgery, and her sister says it definitely took a while but halfway thru the night she started waking up and it was a huge diff in her temperament but the surgeon wanted to give it time. Now I know why my ex was flipping out. What do I do????

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 31, 2019 at 11:51 am #201472

In another post you wrote the following:

“My biggest issue with our relationship is I tend to brush off things she sometimes says.. to avoid conflict”
    “I ignore her until she’s no longer talking about the topic.”

Combining those statements with what you’re now posting, it doesn’t sound like she’s “the one” for you.
    Surly you can find a woman to date who you don’t want to “ignore” or doesn’t have mental issues.
    You don’t want to be one of these people who “romanticize obstacles”.

If you or your mate has to change your core being to make a relationship work you’re with the wrong person.
    Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine.
    The goal is to find someone who (already is) what you want in a mate.

“Should I undo the breakup?” – Only you know if you believe (she) is the “best” YOU can do.

If it were (me) I would move on and never look back!
    Thankfully we live on a planet with over 7 Billion other people.
    Odds are you can find someone you’re more compatible with.