Should I wait or give up?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2019 at 3:29 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kote123
    kote123
    Participant
    March 19, 2019 at 3:36 pm #197104

I have been seeing this girl at my school almost every day after class for the past month and a half or so and we get along really well. I even took her out and paid for the meal at some restaurants, so i thought it was leading somewhere. Finally, I decided to ask her out on a romantic date only for her to apologize and tell me she didn’t know I was interested in her that way and that she just recently broke up with her long-time abusive boyfriend which left her so tramautized she started seeing a therapist. She told she’s sorry, it’s not my fault, but she doesn’t think she could do dating right now. Although, we still hang out every day and I can feel a faint something between us. Should I wait some more time or just give up completely and move on?

riserise
    riserise
    Participant
    March 19, 2019 at 8:34 pm #197124

I would at the very least give it a lot more time. maybe date other people

Skreut74
    Skreut74
    Participant
    March 21, 2019 at 12:52 am #197214

Purse other people is my advice. She may eventually come around…and not to be mean..but if a woman is seeking therapy like she is, you want to stay as far away from that situation for the time being.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 22, 2019 at 6:50 pm #197468

“I have been seeing this girl at my school {almost every day} after class for the past month and a half…”
    ” I even {took her out and paid for the meal} at some restaurants…”
    “..decided to ask her out on a romantic date only for her to apologize and tell me she didn’t know I was interested in her..”

She’s either delusional or a bald face liar.
    She would have to believe you had money “burning a hole in your pocket’ and (chose her) to spend it on.
    Seeing you hanging out with her every day after school like a “puppy dog” and she had No Clue…Seriously???

However YOU should have known she had put you in the “friend zone”!
    Apparently you suspected she was NOT romantically interested in you because your previous meals weren’t “dates”.
    Most likely both of you were calling it “hanging out” which is a term teenage guys use to (avoid rejection).
    Had YOU been upfront about your romantic interest instead of ACTING like a “friend” you would have saved money and time! Move on!
    “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

Cambridgegirl
    Cambridgegirl
    Participant
    March 24, 2019 at 7:15 am #197487

Don’t give up. Not everyone is the same and sometimes it takes time. Give her time to get conversant with her therapy. She is sorting herself out. She probably feels shattered, doubtful and just not in the right place to date right now. Just be there, I know you like her and are eager, but this is the best thing you could do. What she would probably most like at this point is a good friend, and that is priceless. Talk to her, get to know the real person, and show her what a trustworthy and nice guy you are.

augu0075
    augu0075
    Participant
    March 28, 2019 at 2:46 am #197798

Mener give up on love

arlucian
    arlucian
    Participant
    March 28, 2019 at 3:25 am #197804

I agree don’t let that get you down, stop conecentrating on being romantic with her and just be friends with her, make sure you are always sending her signals maintain eye contact, look for signals from her because once you start noticing them you’ll feel more confident about moving things on.