Should i wait or let it go?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Bluerose44
    Participant
    May 22, 2018 at 6:25 pm #174964

I (26)have been seeing this guy(30) for about 6 months but it is more a hidden relationship as he has a girlfriend (i know not the most ethical thing to do). But i didn’t plan this at all. We had been working together for a while before we met and we started to talk more and more and then we started to meet and eventually became lovers. At the beginning for me all of this didn’t mean much as i was accepted for a course in another country, so i knew i will be leaving soon. But we started to catch feelings for each other. Now i moved to this other country but we still talk regularly and now we are planning to do something to be together. But the thing is although he says his relationship with his girlfriend has been on rocky grounds for a long time, he is not sure if he will be able to move to another country and leave everything behind. And i get that and it’s not fair for me to ask him that. But should i wait to see how all plays out or this relationship has no future?

veronicah
    Participant
    May 22, 2018 at 11:21 pm #174965

Let him go. If he has a girlfriend and you are just a side piece he doesn’t value you enough. Find someone worth it 🙂

DanaBrewer
    Participant
    May 23, 2018 at 12:54 am #174970

I agree, since he has a girlfriend you can be just a good friend for him and nothing more that that.

Louisa76
    Participant
    May 23, 2018 at 3:04 am #174972

I agree if he has a girlfriend, he needs to leave first. Sorry, it’s hard I know!

freespirit26
    Participant
    May 23, 2018 at 1:08 pm #175048

Sorry I know it’s hard, but you should definitely let him go! It appears he isn’t making any commitment nor does he value your presence enough! In his eyes, you are the side girl and I doubt his relationship is on “rocky” terms! I believe he is just stringing you along!

darenmartin
    darenmartin
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 9:02 am #175134

As you mention in your post that he has a girlfriend there and their relationship is going pretty well in these days, then I think you should move on. There is no fun to wait for him to come back to you.

SHaven123
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 11:45 am #175167

If he has a girlfriend you should do the mature thing and leave him alone. Your in a new country! Go have some fun your meet a new guy along the way!

ZackeroniAnd
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 3:09 pm #175193

I agree with everyone else here, move on. Sounds like it would be the best decision.

TheGuy
    TheGuy
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 3:13 pm #175195

Yep I Agree with everyone else, he must either leave his girlfriend, anyways what are you doing, get onto online dating and find someone, your 26 for god sake, once you start dating again you will quickly forget him when you find the correct guy.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 27, 2018 at 10:49 pm #175409
    Reply To: Should i wait or let it go?

“….although he says his relationship with {his girlfriend} has been on rocky grounds {for a long time}, he is not sure if he will be able to move to another country and leave {everything} behind.” In other words he’s not sure if YOU are worth leaving his (girlfriend) for.

Mind you we’re not talking about a “married man” this woman is just a “girlfriend” and he’s trying to convince you he can’t just walk away…
    Suffering is optional! Last but not least YOU are “the other woman” and it’s hard to go from being the “side piece” to being the “main course”.
    The goal of most cheaters is to {compliment} what they already have. Very few cheaters are looking to (replace) one relationship with another.

“If you want me in your life, put me there. I shouldn’t be fighting for a spot.” – Anonymous

In order for him to be “the one” he would have to see (you) as being “the one”.

Should i wait or let it go? – Let it go!
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means NEXT!

tom102030
    Participant
    May 28, 2018 at 10:16 pm #175418

are those good? I don’t really familiar with them

jey
    Participant
    June 5, 2018 at 2:00 am #176198

I think that you should let it go or at least talk to him straight up and be direct with what you want. If you really like him then tell him that you are not willing to wait or play around and that he needs to make his mind up. A relationship consists of 2 people and you both need to be willing to make sacrifices or at least try to make it work between you too if you both really care. If not then you should not waste your time or stress over someone who is not willing to do the same or at least put you first. Also if he is still with his girlfriend then you should just let it go because if you think about it, if he is willing to “cheat” o his gf then what can make you think that he wont do that with you later on. Also, listen to yourself and intuition, ask yourself if you truly like him and if you see yourself with him in the long term and if he is worth it.
    also, if he has to pick between you and his gf, then dont let him pick you because you shouldn’t be an “option”

olayusmari
    Participant
    June 5, 2018 at 4:16 am #176205

its best to let him go, you deserve a guy who will give his 100%

TM2287
    Participant
    June 5, 2018 at 2:46 pm #176265

Let it go. Being the man on the other side of the situation, it’s not as easy as you think to leave someone to pursue something else that could make you happier. Knowing you’re going to hurt someone complicates everything.

jjcc
    Participant
    June 6, 2018 at 2:56 am #176326

wait and see sucks, but sometimes is all you can do. you got to be strong and let it go by now. I mean, if it comes back ok, but why complicate it

1 2