Simple Greeting, Not Optimal Results

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 5:02 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Fenix
    Fenix
    Participant
    September 26, 2019 at 9:23 pm #207650

Hi,
    I am a young Male who has difficulty talking to girls, so I decided to set a goal for myself:
    Walk up to a girl I would otherwise not talk to and only say “Hi”.

So I did this today. We were both exiting the subway. I walked up to her left and said “Hi”.
    We made eye contact, so I’m sure she heard me. She didn’t respond, then broke eye contact and looked down. No response.
    Clearly not the best outcome here.

What was wrong with my approach?

hatred_juice
    hatred_juice
    Participant
    September 28, 2019 at 5:18 pm #207695

I honestly think this kind of approach will lead you to more frustrations than successes. I mean, wouldn’t you feel awkward if a random stranger came to you and greeted you like you did with her? I mean, I’m an introvert (you too?) and I surely would. If you want to push yourself out of your comfort zone, try talking to girls you don’t really know, but with whom you already have got a good reason to set up some kind of contact: such as friends of some friend of yours, for example. I mean, it’s not uncommon for me to get in contact with girls with whom I’ve got friends in common: I can meet such girls at birthday parties, when going out for dinner, at the college lunchroom… These occasions may not happen very very frequently, but they would represent a good starting point!

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    September 29, 2019 at 11:07 am #207705

Walking up to a girl/lady in the subway is probably not going to work. She was probably thinking you wanted something (like money).
    I would suggest going to a place where it is a social environment (party, night club, friends house, church, join a group) OR go to a place where you might see the same people every time you visit. That allows them to get familiar with you and vice versa.

Nothing wrong with having goals.