Single parent dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Single parent dating

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2019 at 12:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

afireblue
    afireblue
    Participant
    March 14, 2019 at 12:28 pm #196716
    Single parent dating

I met this guy online, we both are looking for a relationship, exchanged long, meaningful emails, met 1.5 months ago in person and heat it offl.
    He is a single father of 2 young kids 5 & 8, (no ex around). Works a lot, travels for work. After our first meeting we planned to meet up but he kept being busy and cancelled, then traveled, kept being busy with work, kids, etc. After a month of texting back and forth and flirting with each other he phoned me one night that he wanted to sneak a kiss as he was in my neighborhood and I agreed. I saw him for 1 hour in his car and we kissed. We have a lot of chemistry and he explained and apologized for how busy he’s been, he said he wants to see me at appropriate hours and get to know me, and thanked me for being patient and understanding. He said I definitely want to see you next week. We have been texting every day as usual. Problem is I feel like he is stringing me along, who goes online dating if there really is not time to date? help pls

afireblue
    afireblue
    Participant
    March 14, 2019 at 1:09 pm #196731

I would like to add that I am a single parent my self, he is 43 I am 38, so I understand how being the only person for your kids is. However, knowing that makes me feel like he is just not that into me since he can’t really find time to see me, and I can.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 15, 2019 at 1:21 pm #196864

“I feel like he is stringing me along..”
    If something does not feel (right) to you it’s probably not right for (you)!
    Ignoring one’s inner voice usually leads to having major regrets.

If someone believes you are worth the effort they will make the effort.

Secondly there is a good chance he is meeting and dating (other) women.
    Naturally there is nothing wrong with that since you’re NOT in an “exclusive relationship” with him.

The mistake you’re probably making is you are not {keeping your own options open} by dating other guys.
    If you were looking for a job you wouldn’t email your resume to one company and {wait to see} if you get hired.
    Instead you would continue sending out resumes and going on interviews until you got an acceptable offer.

Too many people make the mistake of zoning in on one person when dating and become emotionally invested too soon.
    Anyone with an active dating profile is likely engaging with {multiple} people.
    If you have to “figure out a guy” it means he’s not into YOU.