Small town dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Small town dating

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2019 at 8:07 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

KT1987
    KT1987
    Participant
    January 13, 2019 at 10:44 pm #192497
    Small town dating

So I apologize for the lengthy post in advance but I really have a lot going on in my head and need some advice! I am a 31 year old single mother of 2. I work 2 jobs and am a part time student. I’ve pretty much been a single mother since the beginning. I left my their father when thecwere just babies and they are 8 and 9 years old now. Over those years I’ve had a few flings and one serious relationship. I am extremely picky on who I choose to bring around my daughters. I have tried online dating but it never felt right. I live in a small town and feel comfortable with people I know. I feel like being with someone I don’t know is not an option. I just need someone that gets me. Someone who already knows my fucked up history and understands me. Not to mention someone that I already know I can trust around my kids and not second guess if they are a good person. I Guess I just wanna try possibly dating someone from my hometown but not sure if should pursue it.or should I just keep waiting?

broccoli1900
    broccoli1900
    Participant
    January 14, 2019 at 11:40 am #192550

Waiting? Nothing will happen if you wait. You’ve got to put yourself out there! There are tons of dating apps you could use to find a suitable guy. Just go on a lot of date, and who knows you’ll find someone!.

Rein
    Rein
    Participant
    January 14, 2019 at 5:33 pm #192569

I get where your coming from on the online dating. Been trying that for years and only ever met one person that way. If you want to look I say get out and look. Go out with friends. Maybe even ask your friends if they know anyone who’s single and looking.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 15, 2019 at 2:19 am #192585

If you do what you have always done you will get the results you have always gotten.
    If you want something different you have to do something different.
    When (we) change our circumstances change. You don’t have to be “stuck” reliving your past.
    Believe you are worthy of having a better life!
    “Don’t let your history keep you from your destiny.” – T.D. Jakes

A person can “get you” without having grown up in your town.
    Essentially it’s not about (who) is attracted to you as much as who YOU find attractive.
    The only thing all of your past failed relationships have in common is (you).
    Nothing happens until YOU say “yes” to someone.
    Hopefully with life experience and age comes the wisdom needed to “date smarter”.

The most important aspect of dating is having a clear sense of self and having your own mate selection/screening process.
    It is up to YOU to have your own “must haves list” of traits you want in a mate as well as having the discipline not to settle.
    The world may not owe you anything but (you) owe yourself the world!

photonic
    photonic
    Participant
    January 22, 2019 at 9:27 am #193125

Might work