Started New Job and There's This Girl

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 8:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

GaspingDolphin
    GaspingDolphin
    Participant
    May 16, 2019 at 4:57 am #200479

So I started a new job and there was this shy girl who didn’t speak too much and when she did it was very quiet, personally I like shy girls. We were both hired on at the same time, went through the same orientation, but she keeps looking at me, I think. I’ll turn my head toward her and then suddenly she’s moving her head somewhere else. Today will be day 4 of working together, and since day one I’ve managed to get her to open up a little and start talking to me and getting her smiling. I wanna try and ask for her number today but I’m not too sure if it’s still too early. What do you all think? Should I pursue her or not?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 18, 2019 at 10:24 am #200648

In my opinion it’s too early.
    You also have not had any meaningful conversations at this point.

If you had spent time together talking on breaks, had lunch at the same table, or shared some laughs….etc
    That would be different. Working with someone allows you time to get to know them better.
    The majority of a person’s “awake time” is spent at work. Get to know her over time.
    There is no rush.

Maddman2124
    Maddman2124
    Participant
    May 18, 2019 at 8:34 pm #200655

It is honestly too early

Bill2222
    Bill2222
    Participant
    May 18, 2019 at 10:53 pm #200658

Tbh it really depends on the level of how much you two were talking, if you two were already getting very personal than just a general,
    ‘Hey we should hang out some time, here I’ll give you my number”
    But if you two have not started talking personally than it might be too early.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Bill2222 Bill2222.
    Anonymous24
    Anonymous24
    Participant
    May 21, 2019 at 5:51 pm #200877

Agree with the posters above, its to early and you dont want to rush things. Work can be a dangerous atmosphere anyways in today’s climate(depending on your profession i suppose), don’t rush things.

The Dude
    The Dude
    Participant
    May 25, 2019 at 7:24 pm #201064

Take your time, see if she acts the same ways around other colleagues, Try talking to her more and she if she responds.

aray808311
    aray808311
    Participant
    June 15, 2019 at 6:45 pm #202163

What kind of job is it?