Strange 3-Person "Date" I dont know what happened this night. Please help

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 8:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

almakic88
    almakic88
    Participant
    July 28, 2019 at 9:15 pm #204434

Hi guys. So there is this guy I have known at my gym for almost 2 years now. We’ve had a mutual crush for about the last year. Recently he scored me a ticket to a concert and I went thinking it was gonna be just me and him but I was surprised to see he brought a girl. I thought she was an SO but then he spent almost the whole night making bedroom eyes at me, flirting with me in front of her, joking and teasing me. She grew very sad and mad throughout the night. I started to think as the night went on that maybe he brought her just to increase my interest in him. I dont know either of them very well so I can’t tell what the status of their relationship is to each other, but all night he was teasing me in front of her, bringing me up at random times in conversation. He kept trying to flirt with me in front of her but I didn’t feel right to flirt back because i could see she was sad and I was confused what was happening. What is going on in this situation?? Does he like me?

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by almakic88 almakic88.
    chrishen
    chrishen
    Participant
    July 31, 2019 at 12:54 pm #204644

That’s weird. But, until a guy expresses clear, explicit interest in you EG: by taking you out on a 1-on-1 date, holding your hand or kissing you, you should assume its just friends. You should respond to his advances in non 1-on-1 scenario as a friend would do it. You did the right thing. He was leading you both on, and sounds like he was playing on something he learned on a Pickup advice forum or something. Play girls off each other using jealousy. I’ve seen similar advice out there. You were social savvy enough to not make the girl feel bad, which is good. Who went home with who? How did that all work out at the end? Did she bail all annoyed?

Fem in process
    Fem in process
    Participant
    August 1, 2019 at 11:11 am #204696

I’ had had a similar situation, the only difference being that the couple was newly Married… I thought nothing as first, but when they invited me over for a cook out, and no one else was there I knew something was up… Bottom line She likes to embarrass Her Husband, and he was comfortable with it as well. I saw them, or should I say Her, without him, and he would call me to see how it went. Strange, but some couples enjoy sharing…!

Momosabinski
    Momosabinski
    Participant
    August 1, 2019 at 8:04 pm #204736

Maybe he was looking for a bit of threesome action, but she wasn’t into it

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    August 1, 2019 at 9:46 pm #204737

This is weird. The only thing i can think of is…the other lady he brought along was just a friend (in his eyes, he friend zoned her). But, she thought of him as more than a just a friend, that is why she was sad. She may not have known that you were going to be there either.

In other works (in his eyes)….you are his “date” and the lady he brought along was simply someone he looked at as only a friend (but she wanted more).

almakic88
    almakic88
    Participant
    August 5, 2019 at 4:21 am #204807

Thank you for replying. At the end of the night, as we got to his car, she defeatedly said I could sit next to him in the front seat.Which surprised me and led me to think she was not a gf, but just someone who hoped to be his gf. By giving me the seat it seemed she was saying ‘have him, he’s yours’. I didn’t take the seat though, and then the whole car ride he spoke mostly to me. She even started playing a love song on the radio to send him a message and I was watching him and he just seemed so not into it. At the end he said I could wire him the money for the ticket to the concert and I paid him then and there because I didn’t want to drag things on between us and I could see she was very angry and hurt. After he dropped me off at my house I assume he drove her back home…but, before he dropped me off, he first said he was gonna drop her off first and then me…as if he wanted us to be alone and ride back together. He seemed to change his mind because she saw she was angry.

almakic88
    almakic88
    Participant
    August 5, 2019 at 8:17 am #204809

That’s what I was thinking too. A friend of mine said maybe he was doing a power play and trying to make her jealous by bringing me because he liked her…but he spent literally the whole night flirting with me very blatantly in front of her. To me his behavior went far beyond just a simple bid to make someone a little jealous. He would even turn to me with his back to her and talk to me, excluding her. I could see it made her really sad and hurt.

jumly
    jumly
    Participant
    August 5, 2019 at 2:02 pm #204853

It is weird I had a guy ask me if I cared if he brought his friend I was like no but in hindsight I wish I wouldn’t have.