Sucess Stories

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Sucess Stories

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 5:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Brrr in Alaska
    Brrr in Alaska
    Participant
    June 30, 2019 at 4:10 am #203135
    Sucess Stories

Does anyone care to share a success story resulting from finding someone online? Long term relationship, engagement or marriage? At the risk of sounding like I am bragging, I will pass on sharing my experiences and outcomes until there are some other posts. I’d love to hear from any of you whom have had successful outcomes. (1 yr or longer)

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 30, 2019 at 1:08 pm #203145

I met my wife online back in 2006 and we have been married since 2008.
    It’s not about (where) you meet but (who) you meet that counts.

Online dating sites and apps are nothing more than a (tool) for meeting new people.
    Much like a fork is a tool for eating. It can be used to eat a garden salad or a slice of double fudge chocolate cake.
    However no obese person would ever blame their (fork) for their weight gain!

And yet people who have had bad online dating experiences will blame the whole online industry!

You get to (choose) who you engage with!
    Nothing happens until you say yes.

It is up to you to have your own mate selection/screening process and “must haves list”.
    If you’re having one bad dating/relationship experience after another you need to reexamine your mate selection process.
    Each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
    Each of us has our own boundaries and “deal breakers”.

Online dating doesn’t suck. Too many people suck at online dating.

Brrr in Alaska
    Brrr in Alaska
    Participant
    July 13, 2019 at 11:16 pm #203625

Dashing…I offer my congrats on your successful relationship and wish you a long and happy life together. I too met my wife (she died in 2015) via a chat room. Mind you, this was in 1997 before people had pictures of themselves and falling in love via the internet was totally unheard of at the time. I fell in love with her before I even knew what she looked like. She lived in CA and I lived in Maine. You can’t make this shit up. We met for the first time in a neutral state that neither of us lived in and spent 2 weeks together. 1 year later we were married. Having now been alone for several years, I have again turned to the internet to find another life long partner. Thank you for sharing your story.

Nancy53
    Nancy53
    Participant
    November 5, 2019 at 12:21 am #224658

I will if I ever have one! I will say that I dated someone and even though it did not work out, we have remained friends!