Sudden change in behaviour

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 4:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Z0rty
    Z0rty
    Participant
    March 22, 2020 at 12:07 pm #231844

So I recently started hanging out with this girl (we’re both 17) and our mutual friends. We chatted around for a few days and she eventually asked me to come to a local event with her (she didn’t call it a date, though) and it went quite good. We hung out again later the same week with some friends around, but we spent a lot of time together and there was a lot of playful touching involved and I felt like we both had a great time. However, when I met her again a few days later in school, she didn’t really react when I said hello to her and she generally just somewhat avoided me. We’ve had some conversation over text since, but she seems to deliberatly not read my messages and takes about half a day to respond each time. She also doesn’t initiate conversations at all. I know that she’s quite shy and inexperienced with guys, but I’m not an expert either as you can tell.

Why did she change her behaviour so drastically? And how should I move on?

Thanks for helping

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 25, 2020 at 4:48 pm #232070

“she eventually asked me to come to a local event with her..”
    “I know that she’s quite shy and inexperienced with guys…”

Have you tried inviting HER to go out?
    Sound like SHE was the one who initiated your going out the first time.
    That’s not exactly what someone would call “shy”.

“I said hello to her and she generally just somewhat avoided me..”
    “..she seems to deliberatly not read my messages”
    “She also doesn’t initiate conversations at all..”

Odds are she has lost interest in you.

From her point of view if she liked you it wasn’t as if YOU made any attempt to pursue HER.
    I get the fact these days everyone is so afraid of being rejected.

However rejection is the friend you never knew you needed. It saves you time and money.
    Either you can directly ask her out on a date to find out where you stand or you should just move on.

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

Best wishes!