Talking to/Asking out a crush

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 2:13 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Dragon Warrior
    Dragon Warrior
    Participant
    February 6, 2018 at 7:52 pm #164780

I could use a bit of advice. I’ve developed a crush on a girl I sorta know.

We were part of a wrestling forum, but never really interacted, From there, we were part of a Twitter chat. After that, we upgraded to a Slack chat.

We follow each other on Twitter, but don’t really interact other than me responding to the occasional tweet and us liking the other’s tweets here and there. But other than that, we’ve never actually had a one on
    one interaction.

I find her funny, smart, and driven to succeed in both her personal and professional life. She’s even a huge sports fan and loves tools/carpentry, and she knows her stuff in it, all of which is like a plus to me. I also find her attractive.

Anyway, the only thing stopping me from going for it is:
    1. She’s white and I’m black, so I don’t know if she’d be interested in that.
    2. We’ve never spoken privately, so I don’t want to make it weird if she says no. And since we haven’t met in person, I don’t want her to think my intentions aren’t g

huskyfan68
    huskyfan68
    Participant
    February 13, 2018 at 10:11 am #165425

introduce yourself

rhoda22
    rhoda22
    Participant
    February 15, 2018 at 7:43 am #165626

There’s never harm in giving a try.

Dragon Warrior
    Dragon Warrior
    Participant
    February 17, 2018 at 7:00 pm #165799

So how should I go about it? Should I just drop her a DM about something? Or should I build more of a rapport? Or something else?

dragonblade392
    dragonblade392
    Participant
    February 19, 2018 at 12:58 pm #165906

You should message and her and ask how she’s doing and if she wonders why you suddenly started talking to her, remind her of a time where you talked to her and you both enjoyed that time(if there is one). Oof I hope this was helpful

dragonblade392
    dragonblade392
    Participant
    February 19, 2018 at 1:01 pm #165908

oh yeah and then just keep talking to her, since you already know what she likes, that probably means she’s passionate about that, and you should find out if she’s single first if you wanna get at her

Jesper
    Jesper
    Participant
    February 21, 2018 at 11:21 am #166112

Give it a shot 🙂

sinbad2011
    sinbad2011
    Participant
    February 21, 2018 at 3:16 pm #166147

Move things forward. It is up to you as the guy to make things happen. She is probably curious about you, as you are about her. Assume she is interested in you and have fun. Suggest that you two meet somewhere in public to get to know each other better because it is what you want. You want to do what you want to do, don’t you? 🙂 Good luck!

Dragon Warrior
    Dragon Warrior
    Participant
    February 28, 2018 at 9:00 am #166537
    Reply To: Talking to/Asking out a crush

Update sorta. I DM’d her last night sending a YouTube link. She was much appreciative. I didn’t say anything further as I didn’t want to trry too much too early, but I figure it’s a good start. At least now I know she doesn’t mind one on one conversations, even if brief.