Texting or moving on?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Texting or moving on?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:05 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

neptuneandthesea
    neptuneandthesea
    Participant
    October 30, 2018 at 6:58 pm #188219
    Texting or moving on?

Hey guys. English isn’t my first language, so sorry in advance for weird English lol So this guy asked for my phone number and started to text me constantly, you know good mornings, good nights and so on, for months. We’ve met a couple times and he said how much fun he had and that he would like to see me again. All is good. Then after a few days he went radio silent. I’ve messaged him and it took over an hour for him to respond (I know he ignored my message because he was online when I send it). We haven’t talked since. It seems he lost interest. Should I move on? I’m confused because he seemed to really like me, he even took a few days off just so he could meet me. We live a few hours away from each other, so it wasn’t easy for him.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 31, 2018 at 9:22 am #188248

Either move on or date other guys as you take the time to see he’s sincerely interested.
    The worst thing anyone can do is become overly {emotionally invested} in someone they barely know!

I suspect he is keeping his options open and that means (you’re not the only woman) he’s texting and going out with.

Everyone is in a competition whether they look at it that way or not.
    Online dating sites, apps, and social media provide ample opportunities for people to connect with countless others.
    A person may go out Friday night with one prospect and on Saturday night go out with another.
    It’s the equivalent of a company looking to fill a key position by interviewing (multiple candidates).
    Until there has been {an offer made and accepted both the company and the job hunter} both should continue their search.

Too often these days people mentally start to behave as if they’re in an exclusive relationship when they like someone.
    Big mistake! There is no commitment yet.

neptuneandthesea
    neptuneandthesea
    Participant
    October 31, 2018 at 7:25 pm #188371

“Too often these days people mentally start to behave as if they’re in an exclusive relationship when they like someone.
    Big mistake! There is no commitment yet.” Well, I get that, but the funny thing is HE was the one who said that he stopped texting other women and that he didn’t even look at his profile since he found me. He was the one who wanted to be in an exclusive relationship, then suddenly he stopped contacting me. Hence my confusion. But yeah, I guess you’re right nonetheless. I’ll move on.

miaeb
    miaeb
    Participant
    November 1, 2018 at 5:47 am #188389

If he’s ignore you id ignore him, if anything just text the once if you really like him asking if everything is okay? If he ignores you its his loss! You don’t want someone who can just ignore you so easily anyway! Good luck

ps69uk
    ps69uk
    Participant
    November 1, 2018 at 2:09 pm #188489

He could be busy with work, dating other women, have an ex-girlfriend sniffing around, was cheating on someone to begin with, who knows. You’re not in a relationship so have no real right to expect a timely reply or one at all (although that would be very rude) – move on with your life. Go out, date, meet other guys, if he pops back up then you can see what you want at that point.

neptuneandthesea
    neptuneandthesea
    Participant
    November 1, 2018 at 4:55 pm #188519

“If he’s ignore you id ignore him, if anything just text the once if you really like him asking if everything is okay? If he ignores you its his loss! You don’t want someone who can just ignore you so easily anyway! Good luck”

He isn’t really ignoring me, he does respond, it’s just the way how he responds. Just a few weeks ago he used to write me whole essays every day, he’d call me, now he became taciturn all of a sudden. And it’s not like I’m blowing up his phone either. If he lost interest, I wish he’d just tell me, so at least I’d know what’s going on. I don’t want to wait for someone who stopped giving a shit. But that doesn’t matter anyway, I decided to lose his number and move on.

jamie693
    jamie693
    Participant
    November 1, 2018 at 6:53 pm #188575

Back off for now. Perhaps he thinks you are keen enough that you’re not going anywhere so he feels he doesn’t need to make as much effort. Back down and see if he then comes to you. If he doesn’t then you have your answer.

neptuneandthesea
    neptuneandthesea
    Participant
    November 1, 2018 at 8:02 pm #188577

Like I said, I’m moving on. I don’t want to wait for someone who’s so hot and cold. I’ve deleted his number and I’m not going to respond to him if he contacts me again.