Texting problems

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Texting problems

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 2:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

alex10167
    alex10167
    Participant
    December 19, 2018 at 10:54 pm #191449
    Texting problems

So I have this girl which I like. She always texts me everyday around the same time at night 8-9ish. The thing is when I text back we get into these long conversations which can last 1 to 2 hours and this has happened for about 5 days in a row. I am worried about texting to much until the point where she loses interest and this dies away. So how often should I be texting her in order for her not to loose interest?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 19, 2018 at 11:14 pm #191450

Stop texting and start talking! The phone was invented for vocal conversation.
    If you want to move things along you need to schedule meeting up in person for an activity.

Next time you be the one who initiates a conversation at 8-9ish.
    Anyone who finds them self always being (the one) who initiates a conversation eventually loses interest.
    Women and girls actually enjoy communicating.
    If you truly (like her) having long conversations will be natural and not a “chore”.

A good sense of humor, flirtatious banter, and some sexual innuendo can spice things up as well.
    Communicating by phone, email, letter, or text are a substitute form of communication for not being together.
    Ultimately getting a phone number is suppose to be just a step towards connecting with someone (in person).

Lastly it’s probably easier to end a live phone conversation than a text,
    People love texting because they can say what they want uninterrupted and can’t hear how the other person is reacting.

fcp4life
    fcp4life
    Participant
    December 20, 2018 at 2:10 pm #191491

It’s important I believe, to match the length of the message the other person sent, and wait a little longer to reply… try to avoid “yes” or “no” questions too.

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    December 20, 2018 at 4:51 pm #191516

Too much texting can lead to you being pen pals with the other person. Do you want to be pen pals ? I doubt it.
    If you can’t land a date/hang out with this person after two weeks, tell them that only texting only is not what you are looking for & then stop texting them.
    “Only” doing texting can lead to being played, miscommunication, or being thrown into the friend zone.
    You need to have actual dates/hangouts with this person.

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    December 21, 2018 at 3:50 pm #191604

Not sure if this girl is someone close or long-distance(in my case its long-distance so we’re limited to texting). If its someone in your area/city/school/etc, I advice you use texts only or mostly for meetup plans with her, otherwise texting too much might surely decrease interest. Another thing to do is to “draw back” and not text her for a few days and see if she would initiate/start-up the text convo with you (this would show she’s interested in atleast conversing with you if not liking you back).

devdo
    devdo
    Participant
    January 10, 2019 at 12:28 am #192289

If you are looking to hook up with this girl and not be in the friendzone, you need to stop texting now!
    Set up a time for the two of you to mingle. If she can’t , or she says she is too busy, lose her number and move on!