The girl I was seeing just disappeared out of no where. I'm concerned

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2018 at 2:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SHaven123
    SHaven123
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 11:52 am #175171

So I met this lady that I like very much. She came over and spent the night. We would talk on the phone, text, and all the typical crap. Then she just disappeared in the middle of a conversation we were having via text; this was also the same day she we was supposed to get together. At first I thought she just stood me up (best case scenario). However I started doing some thinking. This women’s job is kind of dangerous (self-employeed auto-mechanic that’s been out of practice for a few years). She almost crushed herself trying to work on someone’s transmission- for Christ sake. She doesn’t respond to my texts or my calls. I’ve even had a buddy try to calling her- no answer. This is fishy because most people self-employed answer unknown calls. I’m beginning to worry about her. We’ve only been “seeing” each other for a little under a month, but things were kicking off great. So here’s my question: Would I be over doing it if I went over to her sister’s house to see if she is ok?

TheGuy
    TheGuy
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 4:39 pm #175228

Nope go ahead, it actually shows that you care, just ask if she ok because her job is dangerous and you haven’t heard from her and were a little worried, (you can also say your not a stalker to the girl), and walk off, nothing more, be a man and do not ask were she been or anything. (that is stalking)

just walk off, now she will hear from the sister that you came to check if she ok, she will get the idea that you were worried for her, (she will understand and that you wanted to know if she ok and were she was) but she will understand your not a stalker.

three scenarios can play out from here.
    A) now if she not into you she will feel sorry for you but she won’t care,
    B) She will be touched and will send you a text after saying sorry with some bullshit excuse and talk to you.
    C) she may contact you ending it. (heck at least you know and can move on)

TheGuy
    TheGuy
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 4:46 pm #175229

if you don’t contact three scenarios play,
    A) she will contact you again, you can say you were worried and you looked like you cared, (maybe you didn’t you didn’t really check on her did you)
    B) she will not contact you or reply, in which case you can keep wondering what happened but most likely she is fine and droped your ass.
    C) She contact’s you later, and it shows she not really serious if that what your where after.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 27, 2018 at 10:30 pm #175408

“We’ve only been “seeing” each other for a little {under a month}, but things were kicking off great. So here’s my question: Would I be over doing it if I went over to her sister’s house to see if she is ok?” The answer is YES!
    A few Internet searches would reveal if she’s dead, missing, or was recently attacked. Odds are you’re being “ghosted”
    Sounds like you were together less than 4 weeks, weren’t in a committed relationship, and for whatever reason she decided to move on.
    In the old days when a guy called a girl several times without getting an answer or only her voicemail he realized she was avoiding him.

Continuing to pursue someone you’re not in an exclusive relationship with can come off as harassment or stalking.
    If you’re really “concerned” call local hospitals to inquire if she is a patient there.
    Attempting to track someone down for the purpose of getting an “explanation” or some type of “closure” after a few weeks of dating isn’t a good look.