the one that got away

DATING ADVICE FORUM

the one that got away

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 6:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

krome
    krome
    Participant
    February 5, 2018 at 11:42 am #164518
    the one that got away

quick backstory:
    so back when i used to go to church i used always see this cute girl and every time i see her we make eye contact, but we never spoke with each other (this has been going on for a while). i would assume that i was just imagining things and just having wishful thinking that she was looking at me, or even checking me out. a couple years later (im 19 now) i see her at a family friend’s party and we both make eye contact continuously through the night. i would catch her looking at me and she would catch me looking at her. at the bar she was behind me and we just both smiled at each other, but i bitched it and didn’t talk to her.

now im filled with regret, so much that i found her fb and now contemplating on messaging her. i know it’s weird. i blew my chance, should i just let it go? i don’t really have experience in dating, hence why im here.

fen91
    fen91
    Participant
    February 9, 2018 at 5:32 pm #165223

I don’t really have a good answer for you what’s the right thing to do, but I wanted to say I feel you!

I had similar situation with a chick when I was about 17, but I also didn’t do enough I lost her to some other dude.

My solution was to cut all ties to her because I got so frustrated and talked down to myself everytime I saw her..
    I’m not saying this is what you should do, but just know you aint alone dude!

(my situation was 10 years ago and I still regret bitching out when I had the chance..)

slaad
    slaad
    Participant
    February 24, 2018 at 12:15 am #166393

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. I’d rather be left on a “no,” then think “what if,” the rest of my life.

Djsouthboi79
    Djsouthboi79
    Participant
    February 26, 2018 at 6:17 am #166409

Try to message her on facebook, who knows she’s just waiting for you to do the first move!

AoristTense
    AoristTense
    Participant
    February 26, 2018 at 10:27 pm #166491

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. I’d rather be left on a “no,” then think “what if,” the rest of my life.”

I would generally agree with this. Maybe Facebook is a little weird, but because you seem to run into her so often, you could try to approach her in person sometime.