Things got intense quick… Did I mess up?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2020 at 12:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LeeLee
    LeeLee
    Participant
    January 13, 2020 at 3:23 pm #227718

So recently I started talking to someone who I have had a crush on for some time. We have been acquaintances for awhile. When we started talking we did the whole getting to know each other and even went out to lunch, but then the next time we were texting, things became more intimate.. mind you we have never even kissed, but pictures were exchanged. Did I ruin my chances at a date/ real relationship by letting things go this far too soon? (Also, he is 10 years older than me.)

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 13, 2020 at 5:50 pm #227731

I wouldn’t worry about it since you both were doing the same thing.
    Discontinue the photo exchanges. If someone is truly interested in you they’ll make it known.

You also shouldn’t allow yourself to become overly emotionally invested at this point.
    Keep your options open and go out with other people.
    You don’t want to be one of these sad people “waiting by the phone”.
    The world may not owe you anything but you owe yourself the world!
    Enjoy your life with or without this person.

Anna78
    Anna78
    Participant
    January 15, 2020 at 8:10 pm #227899

I agree with the above comment… if you’re seriously interested in each other than for now the picture exchange should discontinue.
    It is just not a great way to start off a relationship in my opinion. Be chill. Get to know each other, arrange to hangout again. If it works out, it works out. If it doesn’t… no biggie, life goes on. 🙂 As the person said above, don’t get too invested so quickly.

emzmarriott
    emzmarriott
    Participant
    January 19, 2020 at 11:47 am #228069

Nah if he liked you he will still be interested!

PrettyLittle
    PrettyLittle
    Participant
    January 20, 2020 at 8:42 am #228082

I agree with the others, discontinue that line of communication and aim for a proper date/catch up. I don’t think its ruined your chances, perhaps you could tell him you feel embarrassed by it? I’m sure he’d understand your concerns.

jarednt1
    jarednt1
    Participant
    January 20, 2020 at 11:38 am #228090

I agree, need to be careful of allowing yourself to get to emotionally invested