This girl got me all confused

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 12:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Desgrasiado
    Desgrasiado
    Participant
    May 29, 2019 at 8:32 am #201255

So i work with this girl that in her last relationship she was physicaly and mentally abused, we started t9 go out and everything was fine but then she told me that she doesnt fully trust me because im a guy. I understand that . So now she tells me that she wants time for herself so i said ok, so we stoped going out but we work together so we still see eachother every day, sometimes shes like supernice with me and some others dsy shes acts like im not even there, like shes ignoring me. And shes got me all confused, does she want us to stay friends does she not want to talk to me. Like she would talk to any other guys at work but not me. So im confused as to whats going on, what does she want from me. Does anyone have any advice?
    Thank you. In advance.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 29, 2019 at 10:47 am #201285

“she told me that she doesnt fully trust me because im a guy”
    “she tells me that she wants time for herself..”
    “..she would talk to any other guys at work but not me.”
    “what does she want from me. Does anyone have any advice?”

1. STOP making this about what SHE wants!

Explore what it is YOU want and determine IF she is giving it to you.
    If the answer is NO then move on!
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: NEXT!

Generally speaking if you have to “figure out” someone it means they’re not (into) you.

“Go where you are celebrated- not tolerated. If they can’t see your true value and worth, then it’s time for a new start.”
    – Anonymous

Steve94
    Steve94
    Participant
    May 31, 2019 at 5:03 pm #201480

The best thing you can do is to make a conversation with her and explain what bothers you and what you want. Then you must convince her to do the same as you did and find a solution that covers you both. If she say that everything is fine but she still acts like this, then move on. You can’t waste your time with someone who doesn’t know what she wants.

leofcb
    leofcb
    Participant
    June 1, 2019 at 4:25 am #201491

If she’s hot and cold, then just step away. Let her come to you. Eventually, if she’s into you, then she’ll approach you and you can bring up the conversation. Simply tell her that you’re into her, and that you want to be more than a friend. If you’re willing, you can discuss how you can get over her trust issues. Set up boundaries and expectations. And if she balks, then just dead it. This isn’t worth the energy or effort. Another fish will come along.

Help422
    Help422
    Participant
    June 9, 2019 at 6:28 am #201741

I’m unsure

homoalone
    homoalone
    Participant
    June 10, 2019 at 1:22 pm #201791

Try to have a conversation with her about it, and find a solution you guys are both ok with.

BRR
    BRR
    Participant
    June 10, 2019 at 3:36 pm #201800

It sounds to me like she isn’t ready for a relationship. She probably needs professional counseling to heal. If she’s not talking to you, she’s not interested in you anymore and maybe you triggered her somehow.

I also want to caution you about dating girls from work. It can be very problematic. I’ve done it before. I don’t even talk about girls with other coworkers anymore.

Do as you like. Do what your soul tells you.

Aero221
    Aero221
    Participant
    June 13, 2019 at 4:53 pm #202083

Hey man – sounds like she needs to sort out her feelings. She may like you but just isnt sure how to handle that considering what she went through in her last relationship and now needs some time to process it all. I can totally relate as I’m kinda dealing with something similar and yeah it’s confusing as all hell. Best thing you can do right now, is be nice to her when you see her, give her a warm smile when she looks at you, but give her the space she needs/wants. Maybe after some time you can ask her out to have lunch one day and see where that goes. Good luck dude.