This guy ghosted me after date 5- what do I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 12:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dmwked
    dmwked
    Participant
    March 9, 2018 at 10:29 pm #167166

This guy ghosted me after 5 dates. I met this guy on tinder who is my age, our first date was roughly about a month ago. No talk of exclusivity or anything yet. We texted a bit every day or two. My last date (fifth date) was this past Saturday night. I went to his place for the first time that evening (he had never been to my place either). The night went well but at the end He got super drunk and blacked out and fell asleep. I ended up spending the night at his place cause I couldn’t drive home, the cab would of been too expensive and I assume he wouldn’t care. He woke up in the morning feeling bad that he had passed out on me and I told him I felt a bit awkward staying over without his formal invitation and he’s like no no I assumed you stayed over. And he said I’m happy your here. He was super hungover/a bit drunk still. And started drinking more to numb the pain a bit which I thought was stupid. We fooled around quite a bit and we spent all day chilling in bed, I left around 5 pm.

dmwked
    dmwked
    Participant
    March 9, 2018 at 10:30 pm #167167

He ended up puking right before I left. Anyways during the afternoon, he kept saying how much he liked me and how pretty I was and told me about his past relationships (he cheated on both of them I found out). He started going into too much detail about certain things like telling me about girls he’s hooked up with and past thressomes and I told him to stop lol it’s too much info. I said I hope you don’t play me- he’s like no I’ve learnt my lesson I wouldn’t do this to you. He said I’m telling you all these cause I like you I don’t tell all girls this. I joked and asked why he was so sleazy and he laughed he said when he was younger he was. Anyways we fooled around more and at one point he’s like if I wasn’t so hungover I’d just bang you right now (he didn’t try though). During the afternoon he even talked about us going to a concert in 2 weeks together and we didn’t have the talk but he said I’m single I’m not seeing anyone else right now. Anyways it becomes late and I head out and

krista
    krista
    Participant
    March 10, 2018 at 10:24 am #167172

Move on and start dating other people..if he told you that he cheated on his exes that is distasteful

fox205
    fox205
    Participant
    March 11, 2018 at 1:19 pm #167182

It sounds as if he gave you lip service to gauge your reaction, or it could be he felt embarrassed by his behaviour. Your last part of your second message is cut off, have you tried to contact him after the day?

dmwked
    dmwked
    Participant
    March 12, 2018 at 8:35 am #167168

and he throws up before I leave. He says time for me to nap and sleep this off more. And we said goodbye. I hadn’t heard from since Sunday at his place so Tuesday night I texted him saying “hi stranger, just making sure you’re alive from your hangover”. It’s been 3 days and he hasn’t responded which I feel is rly weird. He always responds. Why is he ghosting me? Even if he doesn’t like me anymore he can just answer with a one word response. The only thing I can think of other than him being a player is he told me on Sunday he was getting medical tests for his dad back. Maybe the results didn’t go so well? I just don’t know what to make of all this.

boyish
    boyish
    Participant
    March 12, 2018 at 8:57 pm #167246

There’s something that doesn’t sit right with your story and I think you’re aware as well. I would ask yourself if you can tolerate the sort of behavior he showed you. Good luck.