Three dates in one year, he’s a ghost and then he’s not. And then he is again.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 5:02 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mntgirl2
    mntgirl2
    Participant
    November 20, 2019 at 6:21 pm #225484

I’ve texted consistently with a guy from an online dating site for over a year. Took that long to go on three dates. Each one has been decent, however not one step closer to as much as a handshake greeting or goodbye. But he keeps reaching out to text on various topics of interest and see how I’m doing. Last date we went to a movie – he hadn’t eaten beforehand nor I, so I was assuming afterward he’d suggest dinner. Instead he politely said goodbye and that he was going down the street to do some shopping. I followed up with a ‘thank you’ text, and it’s been three days with no response.
    What’s his agenda or reason for keeping the connection for so long, with absolutely no progress after 3 good dates? Should I ask him where this is going, or am I wasting my time? It’s a big mystery as to what he doesn’t like about me.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by mntgirl2 mntgirl2.
    dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 23, 2019 at 12:06 am #225690

“Three dates in one year, he’s a ghost and then he’s not. And then he is again”
    “Should I ask him where this is going, or am I wasting my time?”

No, you shouldn’t bother asking him where this going.
    Clearly you’re just “hanging out” as platonic friends if he’s only shaking hands with you after a year.
    Three “dates” over the course of a year works out to spending time together once every 4 months!

Yes you are wasting your time if you aren’t going out with other guys!
    One of the biggest mistakes a person can make is acting as if they are in an exclusive relationship when there is none..
    No straight guy who is romantically interested in a woman asks her out only 3 times in a year and never hits on her.
    Time to accept the fact this is a (platonic friendship) and that is all it ever will be.
    Life is too short for you to be “waiting by the phone”. This is your life! Take the wheel!

The world may not owe you anything but (you) owe yourself the world!