Tinder Advice for a new Gay guy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    January 1, 2020 at 5:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

TomarHawk
    TomarHawk
    Participant
    January 4, 2020 at 1:44 pm #227281

Hey all. So I finally got the courage after years of suffering, to admit to myself and friends and family that I am Bi but more Gay.

I matched with a gorgeous guy on NYE and had a nice message saying I was hot. I replied and also wished him happy new year. In the morning I had a message notification but when I looked it had disappeared. Does Tinder do that if you are not Gold? Dating guys is new to me so I would appreciate some advice. Do I message as its been a few days, follow his Instagram to show interest (or is that too much its private though?) or move on it was just a Tinder match? Please help

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    January 6, 2020 at 12:56 am #227307

If you get a message notification, there should be a message waiting for you, regardless if you have a Gold membership or not.
    There is Plus and Gold memberships. I don’t see anything on the site that says messaging only applies to those two.

I probably would not go following him to Instagram unless he invited you there. You don’t know how he might perceive that. Maybe he wouldn’t mind, but then he might. It’s a chance.

So, he sent a message first. Then you responded back. Then you got a notification but you found no message. You could message back ONCE saying something like “Hi how are you doing ?”. If he doesn’t reply back, then just move on to the next person.

Sometimes guys will say you are hot, but don’t take it any further. Many guys have very short attention spans. Trying to get them to move from the internet to leaving their home and meeting in person is a chore.

I meet more guys in person offline in one evening than i do 12 months online.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by frankt frankt.