Too easy???

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Too easy???

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 10:38 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Ccd777
    Ccd777
    Participant
    January 18, 2018 at 9:54 pm #162806
    Too easy???

I’ve been talking to a girl for about 5months now and she’s been in a depressive state for a while and still getting over feelings for her baby daddy so it’s taken some time and a lot of on and off mixed signals but she’s finally starting to openly show signs that she’s in to me a lot. Today we stopped at the gas station and while I was inside waitng in line a guy comes out of no where and they start talking very friendly (laughing, showing him her son in the back etc.) and see her what appeared to be putting his number in her phone and by the time I get out the store and start walking towards them their just ending the conversation so I didn’t really hear any of it and as the dude walks past me he gives me one of those juvenile nods and a smirk. When I get in the car after pumping gas she immediately explains the situation before I even said anything by saying “I used to work with that kid, but he’s really young and that he works at the car wash right there…

Ccd777
    Ccd777
    Participant
    January 18, 2018 at 9:57 pm #162807

… (she currently works at another car wash) and that she was going to try to get a job there cause he said they paid him better” to which I said that’s good and left it at that but inside it was a million things going through my head. Now I’m not the jealous type and don’t mind when other dudes look or even try to talk to her, but my concern is the way she so easily just gave him her number like that. What do you think???

Cindy007
    Cindy007
    Participant
    January 19, 2018 at 2:40 pm #162866

Yes it comes to my mind too the term “too easy” but maybe you can tell her that giving your phone number to people suddenly can ask for risks. I once shared my phone number with a few people and subsequently I got stalked and I had to change my number.

nervousbutexcited
    nervousbutexcited
    Participant
    February 5, 2018 at 3:18 pm #164536

Sure, this doesn’t look great, but unless she has given you a reason to not trust her, you have to take her at her word. It is completely possible that they did used to work together. Her telling you right off the bat could be her acknowledgement that it looked like a less than favorable interaction from your perspective and offered you the truth without having to make you ask for it. But there is the other possibility that she was coming up with a cover story for exchanging numbers with some rando. Fact of the matter is that trust is a two way road, unless she puts up a road block, or its a road full of pot holes, you should take her at her word.

unic0rn97
    unic0rn97
    Participant
    February 22, 2018 at 7:15 pm #166236

I think you’re looking into the “juvenile nod and smirk” too much. Her explanation seems perfectly reasonable and she hasnt given you a single reason to doubt it. If i’m being honest, it sounds like she has trust issues. An on and off relationship with a man (nevermind a baby daddy) can result in that. And if she’s only showing signs that she’s into you now its because she either had feelings for her baby daddy and is over him and welcoming you into her life now or she was hurt bad and finds it hard to trust people and took a while to let you in. Either way, what she needs is for you to trust her, I suppose that might be hard on your part due to the previous mixed signals (not great of her but sure everybody goes through stages of not knowing what they want). You just have to ask yourself if you can trust her and if you’re gonna be doubtful everytime she interacts with a male, then maybe you shouldn’t be wasting your time and hers.

Hope it all works out 🙂

snoogans1981
    snoogans1981
    Participant
    February 28, 2018 at 1:06 pm #166595

i agree with unicorn, go with your gut it never fails