Too much of an angel

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Too much of an angel

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 1:17 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Noname657
    Noname657
    Participant
    November 17, 2018 at 8:21 am #189599
    Too much of an angel

There’s this guy I’ve been friends with for over 2 years we met at work. We were texting each other the other day and he said, “I was too much of an angel for him.” I responded by saying, “Thank you. I’m flattered.” And he said, “Good you should be. It’s TRUE.”
    Should I have taken this as a compliment?

jackson92145
    jackson92145
    Participant
    November 17, 2018 at 12:51 pm #189604

I think I would have taken it as a compliment

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 17, 2018 at 4:32 pm #189607

Take it both as a compliment and a warning.

Essentially the guy has let you know (he) doesn’t deserve to be with a girl like you.
    It would be a mistake on your part not to get the hidden meaning of that statement.
    If a guy tells you he’s an a-hole believe him!

Secondly if this is a ploy on his part to get you to console/compliment him and prove he is worthy of you that’s a game.
    Be suspicious of anyone who puts them self down while praising you.
    Odds are they’re either carrying some “emotional baggage” or they are being cunning and manipulative.

Either way life is too short to be playing those games.

Tigress luv
    Tigress luv
    Participant
    November 19, 2018 at 5:56 am #189639

Hi! My name is TigressLuv! Im a 20+ year experienced breakup writer! I wrote 46+ Breakup book’s from how to get your ex back, how to recover, why he or she left you, how to get over a bad breakup, how to handle a crush, what to do and not to do, Narcissists Etc. I have 11 Issues of a magazine called Aftershock Magazine. Its also a relationship genre! So please E-mail me with your dilemma and i will suggest a book that’s right for your particular situation! They do help! I Know because i was inspired to write these books because of bad relationships! So who better!
    NEW! Also The first 100 lucky people who send me a link to where you shared this message to Strikingwonderpublishing @ g mail dot com will get a free book of there choosing or one of my personal books, for example: (35 lessons we can learn from our dogs) is a book i wrote with pictures and lessons you may enjoy!

E-Mail me for the links.
    Strikingwonderpublishing @ g mail dot com

pakster123
    pakster123
    Participant
    November 19, 2018 at 8:57 am #189656

Something tells me it’s a backhanded compliment. It can either be a real compliment or like you’re too good for me so I don’t want to be with you or you’re too goody two shoes for me or he is trying to manipulate you or get you to lift him up by putting his own self down.

pearlytwinkle
    pearlytwinkle
    Participant
    November 23, 2018 at 11:21 pm #189733

I would think of of it as a compliment.