Too Shy Around Girls

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Too Shy Around Girls

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 7:17 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

2Shy
    2Shy
    Participant
    October 9, 2019 at 10:54 pm #223176
    Too Shy Around Girls

Hello… Every time I see a girl and want to talk to her, I am too shy and stay quiet. If a girl talks to me, I freeze.
    I can’t even tell this girl that sits next to me in class that she is so beautiful because I’m too shy 🙁
    I’m almost 20 and still don’t know how to talk to girls and am too shy.
    I don’t know what to do…….

breby
    breby
    Participant
    October 10, 2019 at 5:47 am #223180

I often think it’s a baptism of fire… But once you’ve talked to one girl it gets easier and easier. Once you’ve talked to a couple girls you’ll suddenly realise it was nothing to worry about. Keep the convo light and general though… 😉

LiefO
    LiefO
    Participant
    October 11, 2019 at 12:43 am #223257

1. You are not too shy. Discontinue programing false ideas into your own head. Fools rush in… look it up.
    2. There are different views in this area, but generally, primates respond to ‘The Unknown’ / threats in four general ways ( this may change as researchers revise their thinking all the time ).
    A- Scream and Attack.
    B- Scream and Panic.
    C- Turn and Run for the hills.
    D- Freeze and go stealthy.
    It seems that evolution has determined that this range of responses best promotes the survival of a species. An extroverted response might act as a distraction for those who run – to escape and evade. The panic response will definitely distract. A return of attention or force or energy extends the interaction – for good or ill. Freezing is a good way to learn by observation.
    An other view might be that the speed of your thinking or the time you have spent in a half-aware fashion contemplating this person has developed expectations of reward and/or the potential risk of disappointment.

LiefO
    LiefO
    Participant
    October 11, 2019 at 12:57 am #223258

To continue…
    So, expect nothing. Just say “Hi”, smile and touch the very tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth. This will aid in relaxing your face if you let your jaw drop while keeping your lips together. Relaxing is good!
    Do NOT compliment her ( her person, her beauty, her cuteness, her desirability ) directly. Admire her fashion sense, her hat, her footwear, her electronic device, her glasses, her question in class, her choice of food,…
    DO NOT TALK POLITICS! Inquire of her reading and movie preferences, personal investment in the Marvel Movie Universe – avoid volunteering information about yourself. If she asks a question about yourself – ANSWER BRIEFLY! No more that two sentences – short ones!
    What will happen is that other girls will see that you can talk – this will spread like wildfire.

barismm
    barismm
    Participant
    October 11, 2019 at 7:53 am #223270

Hi! There are no secrets about it, you should start the talk with the opposite gender and that’s it! As a result, you will lose your fears after several attempts. The worst idea is being shy. Don’t think that anyone else can help you. Just do it!

2Shy
    2Shy
    Participant
    October 11, 2019 at 10:48 pm #223349

Bet these 2 “girls” are bots…..I’ll always have trust issues…. And that’s not how you start a relationship SMH

Briggs
    Briggs
    Participant
    October 14, 2019 at 11:48 pm #223376

I’m like that too.

Synergia
    Synergia
    Participant
    October 16, 2019 at 8:43 am #223520
    Reply To: Too Shy Around Girls

Let me tell you – you will never find a good girl to sleep with. None of them will want a shy guy in the bed. Do something about it.

Synergia
    Synergia
    Participant
    October 16, 2019 at 8:43 am #223521

You won’t get any girl in the bed, they don’t need a shy guy.

2Shy
    2Shy
    Participant
    October 16, 2019 at 2:28 pm #223566

Let me tell you – you will never find a good girl to sleep with. None of them will want a shy guy in the bed. Do something about it.

Wow, that is a bitchy comment with no advice and of course an ignorant, shitty opinion. AND don’t speak for ALL girls. Not every girls is like you….Thank god for that. Like wow, I didn’t come on here to get bitchy comments from a girl like you or anyone. I came on here for advice. You wanna be bitchy, go somewhere else. Now stop replying to my post.

Discombobulatedyes
    Discombobulatedyes
    Participant
    October 16, 2019 at 10:54 pm #223572

Pretty much in the same boat. I try to pop out of my shell with the mindset that no one really knows anyone in my classes and if it is awkward, well there’s 299 other people I can talk to.

barismm
    barismm
    Participant
    October 17, 2019 at 8:16 am #223573

2Shy, your problem seems like you haven’t enough motivation for solving it. Meanwhile, you don’t like that you are so shy. Ok, no problem, you have to make a new relationship with the opposite gender just for yourself and your confidence. If you did it, you could say to everybody that you can do it.