trying to figure out how to meet her again…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 2:12 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

seekingadvice
    seekingadvice
    Participant
    August 8, 2018 at 6:05 pm #181141

I took my sister to the urgent care last night and the nurse that assisted us was super attractive (I’m super picky and don’t have a wide social circle and this gal was really in my wheelhouse). I was occupying my sis’s toddler and felt weird about trying to chat up the nurse in that situation. I was hoping to catch her on the way out but no such luck. I caught her first name and I know where she works, but that’s it. So, my question is how can I meet this girl again, at least long enough to try and get her number? Obviously I’m not going to get hurt just to go there, so rule that out. I need some ideas and they can’t be creepster. Thanks in advance!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    August 9, 2018 at 12:41 am #181146

Call the urgent care center and tell whomever answers the phone that you want to send some flowers and a card to the nurse as a token of your appreciation for how she assisted your sister. They will probably give you her full name and let you know what day or shift she’ll be working for the week. You can send the flowers with a card and include a note with your contact information cell/email. This affords her the opportunity to thank you.

However don’t be surprised if she doesn’t ever contact you or acknowledge she got the flowers and card.
    There’s a possibility she’s already in a relationship but at least you will have given it a shot and you shouldn’t come off as creep.

seekingadvice
    seekingadvice
    Participant
    August 9, 2018 at 10:15 am #181159

I would really like to hear some advice from women on this one. Thanks!

Jar of Flies
    Jar of Flies
    Participant
    August 10, 2018 at 3:17 am #181266

I have to say, I’m impressed by dashingscorpio’s idea. Can’t imagine how else you’d go about it, and if that didn’t work, who cares? She’d just pitch the flowers and card and move on, and so would you. This is a very Seinfeld-esque problem to solve.

k
    k
    Participant
    August 10, 2018 at 6:06 am #181269

why don’t you search for her on Facebook if you have Facebook? If you put in her name and location sometimes you can search for someone that way. If you manage to find her you could privately message her. Say that she’s popped up on your friend recommendations a few times and you recognised her from your trip to hospital and thought you would message to say thanks for her help … then take it from there 🙂

seekingadvice
    seekingadvice
    Participant
    August 10, 2018 at 9:17 am #181162

Dashingscorpio, thanks for the advice it’s pretty good. Perhaps I should explain that the girl wasn’t the nurse per say, but the one who comes in first and
    takes the vitals, etc. That aside, I think the flowers to the work place might be a hail mary, but I really can’t think of a better idea.

I am well aware that she most likely has a boyfriend, but thanks for that.

If I don’t get some other options soon I’m going to give the flower thing a try. Other suggestions are most welcome, thanks!
    If you’re a woman I would especially like to hear what you think of this approach or your suggestions.

misunderstoood
    misunderstoood
    Participant
    August 10, 2018 at 11:02 am #181309

Hi …. I say give the flower thing a try.

I personally love receiving flowers. Once I received flowers at my job from someone I had no clue about; but, I felt this guy must have met me or knew me some way or other.

I kept the flowers and the card that said “From: Chad”. I don’t know any Chad’s.

At any rate … I still don’t know who this guy is but receiving those flowers made me want to find out who this guy is.