Uncertain and Need Advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 5:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Thoth0
    Thoth0
    Participant
    March 8, 2018 at 11:14 pm #167079

Hello and Good Evening-
    Ladies I hope this post finds everyone doing well, if not . . . well I hope everything gets better.
    I am in need of some perspective and hope anyone can help. I am a 22 white male and do to not having much of a social life do to parents not letting me go out much do to school. Now mind you I did do sports and dont have a problem talking to someone since I am not shy, and know how to interact with others, but because of how I was raised and the not so great family relations. ( I dont see my family has family just people I know do to the lack of family bond we have if that make sense) And because of the unreasonable strictness of my parents it cause people to stay away from me, so I have had no friends or people I could talk to for the last 17 years.
    So that is the short simple version of part of my problem. Now on the the main issue:

I have trouble trying to understand how to interact with women of my age group (18-25).

Part 2 down below

Thoth0
    Thoth0
    Participant
    March 8, 2018 at 11:25 pm #167080

I feel that when I am having a discussion with a person the conversation are ok and the discussion seems to flow smoothly, but at the same time they feel strained and I have this uncertain feeling, like I am making the wrong choice tallking to the person. I do ask if the girl is single since I dont want to get into any trouble with bf or spouses and since I am trying to be polite. But I dont know if that is the right choice.

Could this uncertainty be because my parents feel I should wait until I finish my bachelors degree for college, or is it some other reason.
    Now I have tried to move out of my parents house but if I do so before graduating I lose all of the money saved for me and I will be stuck with not even a penny to my name literally. (And I cant work due to my scholarships for school.) Even though it is money I have earned my parents parents keep it in the bank as reward money for when I finish college.

I would be thankful if someone replied since I dont know if I am wrong

Ivywave
    Ivywave
    Participant
    March 9, 2018 at 2:32 am #167081

They feel strained maybe coming from your asking if they r single…….
    actually it is okay to discuss with anyone , since it is just starting a friendly discussion, it is not dating yet.

frandollow
    frandollow
    Participant
    March 10, 2018 at 12:35 pm #167175

Yeah I also think a friendly relationship would be better. All the best!

Hon9231
    Hon9231
    Participant
    April 3, 2018 at 10:30 am #169419

Since you don’t go out much don’t you think getting a female friend / potential gf is not a good idea. You wouldn’t be able to see her, your parents would hate her for distracting you from school. I think stay home with your nose in school book and forget about women till done.

PRW
    PRW
    Participant
    April 3, 2018 at 3:47 pm #169475

Get through school.
    Get out of the house on your own
    Figure it out then
    Sorry but that is the world your parents have created for you.

Mine was pretty screwed up in its own way too. You play the hand you are given.