Unsure if i should ask her out again

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 2:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jimston77
    jimston77
    Participant
    January 11, 2020 at 10:49 am #227670

Girl at work I’ve been chatting with and we’ve been flirty together…definitely had to take the plunge and ask her to lunch so I did. She sais ‘definitely’…needs to check her schedule for tomorrow. Tomorrow comes…she says she won’t be able to do lunch and SHE suggests the next day. Next day comes around and she does the same thing…can’t go out to lunch that day. I say no worries, maybe we can do something next week. She doesn’t really suggest a day. At this point I should 100% let the ball stay in her court and let her suggest a day right? Assuming she really wanted to go out to lunch with me she’d surely suggest whatever day worked for her right? I don’t wanna come off as a chump or pestering her but I do really want to go out on a friendly lunch with her.

spantanda
    spantanda
    Participant
    January 11, 2020 at 3:35 pm #227673

Definitely let her pick a day, although I think a gentle reminder that you’d still love to find a time to hang out after a week or so would be appropriate!

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    January 12, 2020 at 1:43 am #227684

You could just say to her something along the lines of “let me know what day and time works for you”…and that is it. No more. Leave the ball in her court. Then move on with your life. She could be a little flaky. Don’t want to spend your time on this girl.

Or, you can just simply not say or do anymore and move on.

I would be inclined to do the second one (not say or do anymore and move on)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by frankt frankt.
    frankazami
    frankazami
    Participant
    January 12, 2020 at 9:03 am #227687

You have to be the one making the suggestions, not her. Be the leader. She probably acted flakey because you didn’t give her a definite time, like “how about we’ll meet at ____ pm, at this (location)? You have to be the man when it comes to these things. Don’t let her make all the decisions.

LeeLee
    LeeLee
    Participant
    January 13, 2020 at 3:16 pm #227717

I would just move on. If she really wanted to see you, she wouldn’t keep pushing the date back.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 14, 2020 at 11:42 am #227772

“If someone wants you in their life they’ll put you there. You shouldn’t have to fight for a spot.” – Anonymous

Generally speaking during the “flirty” or “infatuation phase” both people do whatever they can to be together!
    It doesn’t bode well if she can’t seem to “find the time” to have lunch with you. Has she given up on eating lunches?
    We both know the answer to that question is NO! She just doesn’t want to have lunch with YOU!

Some women love to {flirt and have male attention} even when they have no romantic interest in them.
    There are other women who have a difficult time with rejecting guys so they’ll initially say “yes” to things they don’t want.
    Women have been known to give men their phone numbers only to turn around and ignore their calls or block their numbers!

You asked her out and in a (round about way) she said; NO.
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

Move on