Urgent – Just have 36 to 48 hours – Need advise

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 2:23 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rasalghul23
    rasalghul23
    Participant
    May 13, 2019 at 7:10 pm #200310

I’m a very successful alumnus who has come back for quite time to study at my university again. I have come across a girl I like, she sat across my table everyday for the past 3 days. Finally on third day I went to her and asked for a date. She smiled and said she would let me know before she leaves the library.

When it was time to leave, she came to me and said “ I’m right now not in the state of mind right now to date. I have two exams/tests in this week(I know for a fact that she has exams). I will meet you again day after.”

I made a mistake of not asking her number. She left, but since has not come back again to the library, it’s been 3 days. She has last exam in another 30 hours after which usually all student leave for a month long vacation. I know an acquaintance from her class, would I come across as creepy/stalker if I find out where she is through him and then hand her a small letter expressing my feelings and ask her to call me if she likes me. I’m 26, she is 21 years

rasalghul23
    rasalghul23
    Participant
    May 13, 2019 at 7:16 pm #200311

To add, I can’t find her on Facebook because she didn’t tell me her last name. Also my acquaintance doesn’t know her last name, they just go to the same building for class in different subjects. There is something that’s pulling me to her. I haven’t thought about dating for the past 5 years as I was seriously working on my career. I didn’t tell her about what I do and my title etc as I didn’t want to brag or get her just because she thinks I’m successful and well connected.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 14, 2019 at 11:50 am #200350

Nothing ventured nothing gained.
    You’ve got nothing to lose by writing her short letter.
    Let her know you wouldn’t ordinarily approach her in this manner.
    You might even mention you forgot to ask for her phone number or provide yours.
    Make sure you put your number and email address in the letter to give her the option to contact you back.
    Afterwards I would let it go and just go about my life.

Some Cold Hard Facts
    If she thought you were “hot” she wouldn’t have told you she’ll let you know before she leaves the library.
    She wasn’t expecting you to hit on her. Odds are she was just buying some time to come up with a nice way of rejecting you.
    Once again if she thought you were hot she would have skipped over her state of mind and said next week is better for her.

“I will meet you again day after.”
    “She left, but since has not come back again to the library, {it’s been 3 days}.”
    Avoidance is a sure sign of a lack of interest.

As I stated pass on the letter but don’t hold your breath. It’s a shot in the dark.

GaspingDolphin
    GaspingDolphin
    Participant
    May 16, 2019 at 4:48 am #200477

I wouldn’t consider it being creepy to pass on a letter, in fact I’d think it would reassure her about your feelings and now she knows they aren’t misplaced because your trying to contact her.