Waiting….

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Waiting….

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 11:15 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tyler
    tyler
    Participant
    September 9, 2018 at 9:46 pm #183813
    Waiting….

This is going to sound really dumb but here it goes…I’ve always had a hard time breaking ice with people especially asking girls out and when I did I was usually rejected. 2 years ago I worked with a girl I had a crush on while we went
    To the same community college although we were just good aquatinces. I transferred to a university in my hometown (Houston) and she went off to a school 8 hours away and I never thought anything about her again although we are friends in Facebook and I see her on there from time to time. I still like her and I recently messaged her on fb and we had a short convo catching up. We are both going to finish college next semester and she posted that she will be moving back home and I’m wondering if It would be a good idea to ask her to hangout when she’s back in town and see if there’s any potential here. We have a few similar interests and she has always been single so far as I know. Been thinking about this person a lot lately and don’t know who to talk t

ariel8281
    ariel8281
    Participant
    September 14, 2018 at 10:48 am #184271

Hey Tyler
    Keep the FB messaging going. If you show concern for her on a daily basis, she will know you care. So dont be afraid and take the first step to ask her out. You will never know if you never try 🙂

tyler
    tyler
    Participant
    September 14, 2018 at 2:56 pm #184339

Ariel8281 you don’t think it would be weird at all?

eel751
    eel751
    Participant
    September 15, 2018 at 2:31 pm #184392

I would say, don’t heavily invest in her because there is the not knowing if you will be a thing but if she seems interested you should keep her interested!

Timtheb
    Timtheb
    Participant
    September 17, 2018 at 5:10 pm #184484

If you both have been talking for a bit go for it. Ask to get drinks with her or coffee sometime, keep ot casual at first.

Apes
    Apes
    Participant
    September 17, 2018 at 11:42 pm #184491

why would it be weird? Ask her out.

sks1994
    sks1994
    Participant
    September 18, 2018 at 2:02 am #184494

This is the perfect opportunity! When she’s back just be like “Heard you were back in town, want to go out to lunch and catch up?” and you’ll have a lot to talk about since you both finished school!

tyler
    tyler
    Participant
    September 18, 2018 at 11:28 pm #184640

Thank you everyone for taking time to comment! It’s good to see anonymous opinions from others when you don’t have many people close by to help.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 19, 2018 at 4:35 pm #184772

The word “hangout” should take the pressure off of both of you.
    It implies there is nothing romantic about the two of you meeting up.

Odds are she’s not expecting you to make a move on her.
    If she says yes to your invitation to “hang out” you shouldn’t believe it means she’s “into you”.

Once you’re together you can see how the conversation flows and if there is any chemistry between you.
    In the mean time pursue other women and look at your invitation to hang out as just two friends catching up.