Want to contact my HS crush after 3 years. How would you feel

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 7:02 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

daqdr01
    daqdr01
    Participant
    March 8, 2018 at 11:20 am #167044

So I had a huge crush on this girl in HS for a couple of years, and I didn’t do anything about it. I actually barely talked to her, since I was extremely shy about talking to people in general, and I had no idea what to do about the fact that I liked her. After going off to college, I’ve become much more comfortable around people and a cooler person overall (IMO). Whenever I go back home, I’m always interested to know what my classmates are up to right now, and since I had some common friends with this girl, I always hope I can hear about how she’s been when I talk to them.

I recently found out that she has had to go through a lot of difficult health issues, and I felt really sad that I didn’t get a chance to know her better back then. After hearing about her troubles, my shyness and hesitation from earlier seemed really stupid, and I really want to reach out and connect with her (something I should have done back in HS).

(continued)…

daqdr01
    daqdr01
    Participant
    March 8, 2018 at 11:21 am #167046

I wasn’t really a fan of social media and I had deleted my older FB account, but I’ve made a new one recently and have added a lot of HS friends. I was thinking about sending her a friend request, chatting with her, and eventually seeing whether she wanted to hang out. She knew I had a crush on her back in HS since she caught me staring at her a couple of times (I saw her looking at me too, sometimes) and because of my nervousness at the rare times I did talk to her. I remember chatting with her online sometimes, even late into the night one or two times, but that’s it. I don’t want to make her feel weird or creeped out by contacting her out of the blue, so I wanted to know how you would feel if a guy contacted you in these circumstances. I’m not really looking for a relationship or anything, just becoming friends and seeing where it goes from there. I still sometimes think about how things would have been different if I wasn’t an idiot back then.

daqdr01
    daqdr01
    Participant
    March 8, 2018 at 3:55 pm #167047

Thank you for taking the time to read through this wall of text, I would really appreciate your opinions on contacting her again.

Thoth0
    Thoth0
    Participant
    March 8, 2018 at 10:42 pm #167077

Im in sort of the same position, i feel you should ust go for it but keep the conversation simple.