Wanted to be my boyfriend last year, now wants to be my dating coach

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 8:37 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

simcain68
    simcain68
    Participant
    September 26, 2018 at 10:44 am #185393

I had the strangest encounter with a girl that really grabbed my heart last year. We’ve actually been friends for well off a decade but, last year, we both admitted we liked each other and tried to date. This was initiated by her and she actually initiated something similar 5 years ago. She has a lot of dating issues and hasn’t been with anybody seriously for years. About a month ago, she pulled me aside at a party to tell me she saw my Tinder profile and said it was terrible and how I needed to “up my game” in the dress department and how I could get “any woman you wanted” if I presented myself right. It was a mind fuck to say the least and I stewed on it the next day and finally texted her that I felt it was really strange. She apologized and said she wanted to help me “as my friend” and offered to cut my hair (she owns a hair salon), and take better pics for my dating profile. I spoke to her best friend and she said she thinks she still likes me. Confused as hell.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 27, 2018 at 1:14 am #185469

Maybe she has always wanted to do a “makeover” on you.

Some exes do have the ability to become true (platonic friends) and offer each other dating advice.
    If you believe she is honest overall, sincere, and has a genuine interest in you finding “the right girl” that’s cool.

On the other hand if you believe she really isn’t your “friend” and is using this as an excuse to be around you, move on.

It’s also possible that the real issue is YOU still have feelings for (her) and don’t want her as a “friend”.
    If that’s the case then the fact she is behaving so nonchalant as if you’re “siblings” without a romantic past (bugs you).
    Essentially that would mean she has emotionally moved on. The question then is: “Have you?”

simcain68
    simcain68
    Participant
    September 27, 2018 at 11:46 am #185619

Maybe she has wanted to always do the makeover. I definitely still have feelings for her I will admit. The 2 things that makes me pause are the fact that she’s initiated interest in me 2 times in the last 5 years and that her best friend recently said she thinks she still likes me.

fordone
    fordone
    Participant
    September 27, 2018 at 6:05 pm #185675

I think it all lies with you , if you seem choked with his helping then i think you should let him no , i really feel you should define what you want to do with him and let him no

simcain68
    simcain68
    Participant
    September 28, 2018 at 8:50 am #185684

What? – lol