Was i correct in stopping contact ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:05 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    October 14, 2018 at 8:53 pm #187008

There is a gentleman who has his evenings free and spends a lot of them at the bar. I asked him (via text) if he wanted to hang out with me any evening the coming up week. He responded “i will have to let you know.” I did not respond. The next day, he sent a pic indicating a particular sexual act but didn’t say yes or no. I did not respond. In the last 6 weeks, he has not been all that inclusive. All we do is text. I have seen him 3 times in 6 weeks (2 times at his place and once at the bar). The bar meetup only happened because i offered to buy the drinks. For the past 4 years, he lives with his “ex.” His “ex” was not at home when i was over there. I stopped contacting him. I have not heard from him either. Was i correct in stopping contact/ghosting ? I stopped contact because i took his response as a rejection.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by frankt frankt.
    dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 15, 2018 at 12:15 pm #187041

Whenever you’re unhappy it’s always healthy to move on.
    The fact that you’re wondering if you did the right thing tells me you really haven’t moved on.

“I asked him (via text) if he wanted to hang out with me…”

“The bar meetup only happened (because i offered to buy the drinks).”

“I stopped contacting him. {I have not heard from him either}.”

(Sound like he was never really into YOU.)

Whenever you are the only one keeping something alive you’re setting yourself up to be hurt.
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: NEXT!

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde