Was I selfish and insecure!? Is this my fault!?!?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 5:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Datinghard
    Datinghard
    Participant
    November 26, 2018 at 8:49 pm #189881

A guy I met told me that he just wanted to date me but we never put a title on our relationship. He got evicted& then had to move in with his parents who live 4 minutes from me. We hung out usually was a Max of 6 times a month due to schedules/effort. Whenever we would hang out I wouldn’t know until the day of or the day before if we would see each other but we always had a blast. He never wouldn’t text things like I miss you or good morning beautiful. There were days where we didn’t talk at all. I told him MULTIPLE times that I wanted him to text me& be more involved since I was only talking to him. Sometimes we didn’t hang out because he got too “lit” the night before and decided to sleep in. My request for involvement were ignored so after 5 months I told him we should be friends &then i put my profile back up. He saw my profile was up and called me insecure and accused me of talking to other people while we were “dating”. Idk if this is my fault. Am I wrong!? We Never had a title!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 3, 2019 at 11:05 am #191865

Sounds like he was a loser to begin with.
    If you have not had a discussion about being “exclusive” you’re entitled to keep your options open.
    A guy living with his parents because he got evicted and gets high doesn’t sound like “Mr. Right” material.

You should have blocked this guy from your phone and all social media.
    Oftentimes when people get dumped they can’t believe the other person wasn’t seeing someone else.
    No one wants to think it was (their actions) which led the other person to move on.

Another tactic is to get you to engage into an argument.
    Fighting for them means there is still a connection because you still care enough to explain yourself.
    The opposite of love is not hate. It’s indifference.
    When you stop caring what someone thinks you’re truly ready to move on.

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

doesntmatter
    doesntmatter
    Participant
    March 18, 2019 at 8:48 am #196921

Women do this all the time to guys, it’s nothing. So guys are doing back to women now to save face. If a partner doesn’t have 2 minutes in their day to check in on whether you’re still alive, dump them.

Ramone1234
    Ramone1234
    Participant
    March 19, 2019 at 12:25 pm #197052

He supposed to pay more attention to you. What’s the problem with talking to other people? I would say that he is insecure.