Was that a date? A booty call? Just two friends getting drinks????

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 3:45 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kris107
    kris107
    Participant
    July 11, 2018 at 3:04 am #178951

The other day this guy asks if I want to come meet him for drinks at our campus bar. We hadn’t talked in a while, but when we had class together I had a crush on him, so I accepted.

When I got there, he was already tipsy and went in for the hug. He bought me a drink, and I assume at this point that this was a date.

He then tells me that a week ago he was trying to get a different girl to make out with him. Maybe we’re just two friends getting drinks?

Then we flirt all night long and end up making out… a lot. I assume it’s a hookup until he tells me his isn’t going to have sex with me. HUH??

What was that? A date? Bootycall? Something else??? We’re supposed to get drinks again in a couple days and I have NO IDEA what to expect. HELP!!!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 11, 2018 at 10:19 am #178978

“He then tells me that a week ago he was trying to get a different girl to make out with him.”
    “…he tells me his isn’t going to have sex with me.”
    “We’re supposed to get drinks again in a couple days..”

“Was that a date? A booty call? Just two friends getting drinks???? ”
    The answer is Neither!

1. If a guy is “into you” he’s not going to tell you about another girl he wanted to make out with!

2. A “booty call” entails a sexual act of some kind.

3. People don’t “make out” with their friends!

I suspect (this guy knew you had a crush on him) BUT {he is NOT really attracted to you}.
    He saw you as being “low hanging fruit” . (There for the taking.)
    He got tipsy in hopes of being able to force himself to do the deed but ultimately couldn’t go through with it.

The real question is: WHY are you going to meet up with this guy again???
    Any guy who tells you about another woman he wanted to have sex with isn’t out to impress YOU.
    You’re not the star. He’s got you coming off the bench!

DripCoffee
    DripCoffee
    Participant
    July 12, 2018 at 1:17 am #179103

That was definitely NOT a date. I’m not even sure that was a booty call, more than just hopeful prospects through half-drunken decision making. The fact that he told you about the intimacy between him and another woman indicates he sees you as some shadow of a buddy, dude, friend or is just trying to gauge a reaction from you (and not a healthy one) in hopes to make you jealous.

He doesn’t seem to respect you at all, and I’d definitely never respond to him again.