We hang out but she stopped texting. Why is that?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

snowman1991
    snowman1991
    Participant
    October 24, 2018 at 5:50 pm #187852

Hi, short as possible.. I really need some opinions or if this has ever been the case of someone..

Met this girl over facebook. My mother and her mother know each other so I took a chance and contact her. Conversation was great, flirting, after a week she wanted to see me.

First meeting was great, no awkward moments or anything, she even asked me what impression she left and that she would love to meet again.. Second meeting was even better, more relaxed, more opened, she was asking me about myself etc.

However.. after our first meeting she stopped texting me. She only responds to messages like can we do that or can we go there.. small talk and flirting or just regular talk.. no answer. She got quite busy with job these days, I know that, but come on? Why is that. Could she be playing? Nervous? Shy? Not used to situation? I actually asked her about it and she said she reads it but is busy and then forgets to write something and that she will try to change that. Yet, she didn’t

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    October 25, 2018 at 1:26 pm #187865

As long as she wants to meet, asks about meeting – you’re good. She’s interested. Especially so if she asks about you to learn more about you.
    One thing i’ve learned is females don’t really like to text with potential date/relationship people. They just don’t like it that much (most of them). They’d rather talk on the phone or meet in person (they really love the phone for some rearson).

So try this. Text her about how you’d like to call her and talk some night and see how responsive she is to that suggestion, and if you do a call, how responsive she is on the phone. If it’s all good- then it’s just the seemingly “female thing” where they don’t like doing “important things” over text (like.. important conversations, developing relationships, etc.)

good luck!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 26, 2018 at 10:09 pm #188024

“….after our first meeting she stopped texting me.”

She only responds to messages like can we do that or can we go there.. {small talk and flirting or just regular talk.. no answer}

Generally speaking this would be the “infatuation phase” of a budding new relationship.
    Usually if two people are “into each other” they MAKE time to be with each other, engage in long conversations, and are affectionate.
    There is a certain amount of excitement or giddiness as they anticipate seeing each other again.

I suspect she is keeping her options open and probably has other suitors.
    Since you are not in a “relationship” you can’t accuse her of being a “player” or cheating.
    As far as she knows you’re taking out other girls as well and if you’re not you should be.

You didn’t mention whether or not if it’s always YOU who initiates the texting or phone conversations.
    If this is a “one sided” thing there is a good chance she may not really be interested in you.
    Consider moving on.

Ilovemusic
    Ilovemusic
    Participant
    October 27, 2018 at 1:32 am #188026

Sometimes people are too busy to date

kiki232323
    kiki232323
    Participant
    October 28, 2018 at 1:01 pm #188043

It could be that she just isn’t interested in “small talk”? To some people it is very tiring.

joehyre
    joehyre
    Participant
    October 30, 2018 at 11:10 am #188172

that’s great

tallmansam92
    tallmansam92
    Participant
    November 4, 2018 at 3:53 pm #188703

Maybe she’s trying play a little hard to get? Things sound like they are going pretty fast, so she might be trying to slow it down a bit.