We recently got back together, but…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 12:10 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Whythough
    Whythough
    Participant
    March 2, 2020 at 12:47 pm #230696

About a month ago, my boyfriend of 2 years and I got into an argument about a girl at his job. Because of the argument and other things, we ended up breaking up. He talked to me constantly and we ended up agreeing that we could try again- Get into counseling, do more together and generally get better. He assured me nothing happened with this girl and that he loved me. So about a week ago, a friend tells me he saw them together when we were broken up. I confronted him about it and he said she needed a ride and that was all. Nothing happened. So yesterday I told him we needed to really talk about it before we could go any farther. After some probing, he admitted they saw a movie together. I asked if he slept with her. He said he didn’t- but he never could lie to me well. After denying it a few times, he knew that I knew and admitted it. Saying it was a rebound, but that they hadn’t talked since and that he never stopped loving me. My heart hurts. What do I do?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 3, 2020 at 11:18 am #230740

“He assured me nothing happened with this girl and that he loved me..”

“..he said she needed a ride and that was all. Nothing happened.”

“..he admitted they saw a movie together.”

“I asked if he slept with her. He said he didn’t…”

“After denying it a few times, he knew that I knew and admitted it.”

“Saying…it was a rebound, but that they hadn’t talked since.”

Each of us is entitled to have our own boundaries and “deal breakers”.
    You said he never could lie to you well which means lying to you isn’t anything “new”.

Personally for me dating a known liar for two years is two years too much!

Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine.
    The goal is to find someone who (already is) what you want.

Thankfully there are over 7 Billion other people on the planet.
    No one is “stuck” with anyone! Suffering is optional.

If it were me I’d move on and observe the “no contact rule”.
    “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

Shevat
    Shevat
    Participant
    March 6, 2020 at 3:28 pm #231035

Wow, you really need some serious decision making because that man will hurt you, every time you have issues, he will always find some 1 else to be with or even have sex with, think about how wonderful you are and know that no man should take advantage of you.

doggos4life
    doggos4life
    Participant
    March 10, 2020 at 8:24 am #231271

I’m so sorry that happened to you! It definitely seems like there is some honesty lacking from his side, which of course is a red flag. He was given the chance to admit it multiple times, but chose not to. We can’t tell you what’s best to do in your case, but please don’t settle for anything less than you deserve.