Weird or Not?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Weird or Not?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 3:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

egg_head
    egg_head
    Participant
    January 28, 2020 at 12:47 am #228513
    Weird or Not?

Hi! So my best friend recently started hanging out with this guy. He really likes her and invited us out one night with his brother. Long story short, his older brother and I hit it off. Now we’re chatting and what not but my friend thinks it’s weird/ makes her uncomfortable. Is it weird that we hit it off or is it no big deal?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 31, 2020 at 3:04 am #228715

No, it’s really not a big deal.

Your friend is jealous over your newfound happiness.
    A (true friend) would be happy and honored they were “the catalyst” for hooking you guys up.

I suspect she’s not all that “into” her guy! (She’s just passing the time with him.)
    Which means if they stop dating but you and his brother get serious… then it becomes weird! (in her mind)

Being around you a person who is dating (her ex’s brother) would mean she won’t be totally free of her ex.
    She’s worried the guy you’d be dating will report back to his brother about things she’s up to and so on.
    And “God forbid” if you moved in together or got married she and her ex would have to see each other at events you hosted.

If she ever (breaks up with her guy) she will probably distance herself from you until you’re no longer dating his brother.
    As the old adage goes: Misery loves company.

Life is a (personal) journey!
    If you hit it off with this guy you owe it to yourself to see where it goes.

JustARandomDude2940
    JustARandomDude2940
    Participant
    January 31, 2020 at 4:49 pm #228750

No. Why wouild it be weird. I guess the guy is just jealous.