Weird question. Not sure how much useful advice I can expect, but here goes:

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 12:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

January 1, 2018 at 1:26 pm #161154

So, I’ve has an interesting and adventurous life. Not trying to sound boastful, it’s just true. I’ve been all over the world, off the beaten path, way outside of tourist areas. I’ve had some crazy experiences and some close calls, and there’s nothing else I’d rather do with my life.

Anyway, I recently ended a relationship and re-entered single life. I went to a NYE ball last night and got my flirt on for the first time in a while. There was one particular girl I ended up spending most of my flirt time with, and once I started telling some of my stories, she didn’t seem to have much interest in telling any of her own. Every time I tried to get her to tell me something about herself, she’d offer a brief token anecdote and then say, “Tell me more about…”

I don’t like feeling like I’m dominating the conversation. It feels rude. But my life is what it is, and my stories are what they are. Have I doomed myself to a life of lopsided dating conversations? How can I fix that?

nhl26
    nhl26
    Participant
    January 1, 2018 at 3:00 pm #161157

Maybe she was just uncomfortable talking about herself. Some girls surprisingly like to listen to what a guy says, especially if you guys just met. I think it’s good you have a ton of stories to tell. That means there will never be a silent moment. If you are really concerned about it, just start off with some of the least exciting stories first.

prodigy
    prodigy
    Participant
    January 2, 2018 at 6:36 am #161184

Agreed, just wait a while and maybe she will open up

jennyblue
    jennyblue
    Participant
    January 2, 2018 at 6:45 am #161186

I think things are using lopsided at first as one take as more dominant role in the conversation, eventually it could even out as you become more familiar and comfortable