Were going to prom together and I really like her. Does she feel the same way?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 3:02 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MarcusWilson11
    MarcusWilson11
    Participant
    June 17, 2018 at 9:09 am #177228

I met this girl last year but we didn’t actually become good friends until around Christmas time this year. Im a senior and she is on 10th grade. I had one class with her, and we always talk and joke around with each other.

Half the time were arguing about the dumbest things, like whos project is better or something, but it always happens in a nice and fun sort of way.
    We like to pretend that we hate each other, and were always making fun of each other in a joking manner.
    She always looks me in the eye when talking and she laughs at a lot of the dumb jokes i make. We tease each other a lot about random stuff when in a group of people, but we talk alone in the halls and sometimes through text.

She will always laugh and jokingly call me annoying or something and we have a lot of inside jokes together. Another guy had already asked her to prom actually, but she turned him down (she said her parents wouldnt let her) I asked her to prom a month before school ended

Continues below

MarcusWilson11
    MarcusWilson11
    Participant
    June 17, 2018 at 9:10 am #177229

She said yes and she really seems happy about it.

We still joke around and tease each other, but since i asked her to prom we really talked a lot more and she always seemed happy to be around me and having fun. She starts conversations, both in person and over social media, always makes eye contact (sometimes just randomly) and laughs at everything i say.

We also startes hanging out outside of school sometimes.

We havent dont anything alone yet but she always makes sure she is able to join in our group outings and she always seems focused on me (talks to me more, goes where i go, always tries to sit next to me)

She will sit by me, try to be closer to me, and lean in. She kept finding little excuses to touch me and be around me the last few days of school, plus making long eye contact or talking whenever we met in the hallways. All our friends are joking about it and teasing us of course. She told me she would really miss me next year and shes really excited for prom

MarcusWilson11
    MarcusWilson11
    Participant
    June 17, 2018 at 9:11 am #177230

She also invited me to work with her at her job (i assume so we could still continue seeing each other over summer) We picked her up to hang a couple nights ago.

She completely changed plans she already had so she could hang out with us. (She was going to go see a movie with one of her girlfriends)

She was fine in the beginning and acted normally, but drank a little too much later on in the night

. (We had no intentions of drinking until my idiot friend decided it was a good idea to bring drinks) Once she got a little tipsy she got very touchy and started hugging everyone, touching everyone (normally, not in a sexual way) pretty much except me.

We still talked a lot and she would hug me in like a group hug or something but it seemed like she didnt want to go out of her way.

But then whenever we were near she would be on ny phone or rubbing up next to me or laughing at my stupid jokes. She acted very social and crazy for a while, then she started to die down and get tired

MarcusWilson11
    MarcusWilson11
    Participant
    June 17, 2018 at 9:12 am #177231

The next day we came and saw her where she works and she told her friends I was taking care of her all night and thanked me for being there. That was about a week ago.

Since then weve still hung out again in a group but she seemed a little more distant with me. She was stealing glances and looking my way a lot

She doesnt talk as much on the phone the last few days and only really sends me snap streaks or whatever. She still will like and view all my posts and stuff.

Of course, it sucks that school is over cause we dont get to see each other as much and we have less to talk about when we do, plus I dont get to talk to her alone as much. Idk if i did something wrong or if she is nervous to say anything or something.

We still texted and stuff to make plans and when I asked about the job, and she seemed happy to see me when i quickly stopped by to see her at work, so i may be overreacting but idk.

MarcusWilson11
    MarcusWilson11
    Participant
    June 17, 2018 at 9:12 am #177232

I know she likes me but idk how much really. I guess the fact that were always poking fun and teasing each other might make it weird to actually be honest about really liking her.

Either way, I want to ask her out soon, probably at prom in a couple days, but idk if i should ask ger beforehand, afterwards, or actually at the prom. So does she like me as much as i like her and how / when should i make a move on her?

PS. Sorry for the essay. Thanks to anyone who actually read it 🙂

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 21, 2018 at 11:36 am #177669

Throughout all of this all you stated was what (she) was doing to show signs she likes you.
    Have you done anything to let her know you like her? Nothing you wrote says anything about how much (you) like her.

Secondly (you) are the senior and she’s a sophomore! She expects (you) to take the lead.
    It’s time for you to master the art of “communication” instead of playing cat and mouse games.

You said: “it sucks that school is over cause we don’t get to see each other as much and we have less to talk about when we do, plus {I don’t get to talk to her alone as much}.” – That’s a MAJOR “red flag”!

If you were really (romantically interested) in her you would want to talk and (be alone) with her all the time!
    Group dates and “hanging out’ is not what boyfriend/girlfriend relationships are about.

Tell her you find her attractive and you’re romantically interested in her and then ask her if she wants to go out on an actual date. If she says “yes” lean in and give her a kiss!

jason88cubs
    jason88cubs
    Participant
    June 21, 2018 at 8:10 pm #177700

tell her how you feel