What am i doing wrong?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What am i doing wrong?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 8:38 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Cluelessguy
    Cluelessguy
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 1:02 am #182161
    What am i doing wrong?

I met this girl online and we exchange a few messages in a good conversation I would say. Then she was absent for a day. I replied and it took her 3 days to reply back. I have to say she responded with a long message answering everything I asked and even told me it was great I had started a new company but that she wanted to let me know she was going out of town to a camp and wouldn’t have service but will message me when she was back. That was last Monday… she was offline the whole week and then I saw she was online on Saturday and she even looked at my profile so I thought she could be back but would let a few days to see of she messaged me. I don’t wanted to look needy. So I thought if I see her again online then I would know shes back and will message her. I saw her online today so I would say she is back and was thinking on sending a message tomorrow around noon. I’m I doing something wrong? I feel like she is putting some distance. Would a girl really message you when back?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 5:49 pm #182285

First of all I hope you’re pursuing other women!
    Until you’ve had a talk about becoming “exclusive” with someone consider yourself (free)

Anytime you meet someone online initially it means they’re keeping (their options) open.
    For all you know she went camping with another guy she met online.
    Odds are if you’re attracted to her so are several other men.

“I feel like she is putting some distance.” – Trust your gut instinct!
    Clearly if you were a top priority or were seriously in the running it wouldn’t have taken her 3 days to respond to your earlier message.
    If she was truly “into you” She also would have notified you when she got back.

In my opinion you have two options.

1. Move on to pursuing other women and she contacts you then see where she’s coming from.

2. Go ahead and message her but {ask her out on a date}. Based upon her response you’ll know if she’s interested.
    Make the place something very casual a restaurant/bar that serves appetizers and drinks

SillyWoman
    SillyWoman
    Participant
    August 24, 2018 at 4:30 pm #182630

DashingScorpio is right. Online dating means nothing these days. If she hasn’t messaged you like she said she would, I’m afraid I have to tell you she’s not that interested. If she can’t keep her word to message you, she’s not worth it.

amb23
    amb23
    Participant
    August 24, 2018 at 6:47 pm #182636

Don’t put all of your eggs in one basket

dizzy
    dizzy
    Participant
    August 24, 2018 at 8:54 pm #182641

It sounds like she’s interested in you but not enough to be too devoted or committed yet. It takes time, she has other people to chat to and other things to do. Keep at it. Doesn’t sound to me like you’re doing anything wrong- you just seem to want more from her than she’s ready to give yet.

LauraCernal29
    LauraCernal29
    Participant
    September 5, 2018 at 8:05 pm #183502

I don’t think you did something wrong.

Luffyd01
    Luffyd01
    Participant
    September 7, 2018 at 5:59 am #183614

You have to do what’s best for you. It means takig time to work on yourself and occupying your time. Sometimws being too available is not appealing for women and they tend to misuse someone’s care for convenience. Best of luck.

haus
    haus
    Participant
    September 9, 2018 at 7:36 pm #183807

I have had the same problem lots of times with this exact same issue. Assuming the messages are quite long it may just be her needing to actually find the time to sit down and type it out. Phones are not long message friendly. She may react positively to going on a date if you ask her out. Has worked for me in similar situations. Or she may not be particularly interested in you. Maybe you wrote a really catchy or interesting first message but afterwards she may have just thought you 2 weren’t similar enough etc… has happened to me too. Difficult to say what could e the case, but definitely don’t pin all hope on her…

tyler
    tyler
    Participant
    September 9, 2018 at 9:35 pm #183812

You haven’t done anything wrong but to reiterate what others have already said don’t put your eggs in one basket. There are so many cool people out there and online dating is only one way to do it.

SweetGentleRon
    SweetGentleRon
    Participant
    November 6, 2018 at 12:01 pm #188813
    Reply To: What am i doing wrong?

I think you are not doing any wrong as well.

lostlesbianproblems
    lostlesbianproblems
    Participant
    November 24, 2018 at 7:46 pm #189753

Stop! You are not giving yourself value thinking like this. She is going away for a few days ? Let her go and Go do something for yourself. Invest on yourself. You have already got her to back away from you for giving off the impression of being needy, and that is not attractive. Tô truly attract this girl go out, improve your social skills, hit on other woman playfully, be more confident. You need nobody but yourself, só do yourself a favor and stop obssessing over this girl. When she is online and you see her DONT Go talk to her, If she truly wants you she will text you that she is back. Texting her will only show her that you depend on her, and If she is already backing away because you scared her off by being too easy, too needy, giving off the not confident vibe. If you text her you Will loose her.Its a test. Wait for her to contact you. She Will be questioning why you havent talked to her yet and will think you are no longer interested. And that Will get her to Chase you.

BobbyCA007
    BobbyCA007
    Participant
    November 24, 2018 at 9:48 pm #189761

It doesn’t sound like you are doing anything wrong.
    You could ask her why doesn’t she respond like she said she would.
    You could ask her if you’ve said anything that might have offended her.

Homeboy123
    Homeboy123
    Participant
    November 25, 2018 at 9:07 pm #189779

Sounds like she either not interested, or she is really busy. Keep chatting with other women.

Send her a text soon, and see if she responds. If she stills seems interested you subtly ask her what might make her busy during here week days.

caleb
    caleb
    Participant
    November 26, 2018 at 7:29 pm #189875

Don’t get attached to a particular girl that you haven’t even met and have just exchanged a few messages with online… if she’s not responding to you, then she’s probably not interested, and it’s probably her loss. You can find tons of other girls online that ARE interested in you instead of waiting for one particular girl who isn’t to respond to your messages.

johnny97
    johnny97
    Participant
    November 28, 2018 at 9:08 am #190042

Well, I have been in similar situations before. You are looking at it the wrong way. You see, people have their own lives and aspirations. She might just wanted to show you she is hardworking hence busy too. Like if you haven’t met why dont’t you just ask her out to talk about business and that kind of stuff? If it is was just about online messaging then You have nothing to lose anyway.