What can I do. I feel lost

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 7:31 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

desperateforadvice
    desperateforadvice
    Participant
    May 13, 2020 at 10:49 am #233739

I’m in a relationship for 6 years now, we had always been in LDR since university. Lately, due to covid and my life is too plain, we had no topic to talk with and she doesn’t have excitement in our relationship and ghosting me for a week now saying we should cool down for a while..

Whatanicename
    Whatanicename
    Participant
    May 14, 2020 at 5:33 am #233781

I am sorry for the trouble. I would respect her wishes and just focus on your life instead. You deserve as much affection as you can offer. Nothing less than that ,-)

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 14, 2020 at 12:47 pm #233805

Long distance relationships were meant to be temporary and very few last for 6 years!
    The goal is to (be with) the person you love!

When there is no light at the end of the tunnel whereby someone is relocating to be with the other couples drift apart.
    If neither person is willing to relocate within a {realistic timeframe} a long distance relationship is doomed.

It’s the counting down of the months, weeks, and days until one if done with the inconvenience of being in a LDR that keeps it strong! My guess is she’s met someone (who is local) and she can have a traditional dating/courtship with him.
    You have no topic to discuss because the relationship has run it’s course. There were no plans to take the next step.

Note: A lot of women would expect to be married or engaged after (investing six years of their life) in a relationship.

Accept it’s over, grieve among friends/family, and move on.

In order for (her) to have been “the one” she would have had to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very least a “soulmate” is someone who actually wants to be with you!

Best wishes!
    Hopefully you’ll find a local girlfriend.