What did she mean?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What did she mean?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 12:36 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

drock11
    drock11
    Participant
    May 3, 2018 at 7:26 pm #172149
    What did she mean?

Part A

I’ve run into this girl many times over the last half year. I got her number early on and called her to set up a date, but nothing materialized. A few months later I gave her a call, but got no reply. Obviously this is a sign of low/no interest. We didn’t talk to each other for a few months, though we go to the same bar often. The other day she came into the bar with a guy she started dating and came up to me alone and said hey “I haven’t seen/heard from you in forever” and we talked for a few minutes. I know that that may have been an opening of her saying hey we should hang out, but I was unsure of the situation so I didn’t take that opportunity. The next day she comes into the same place with the dude, the dude leaves because he lied to her face and she comes and sits next to me at the bar. We talked for a while, she laughs at some stuff, we flirt, regulars try to cockblock me, whole nine yards.at the end of the night I ask her when she is free to hang out.

drock11
    drock11
    Participant
    May 3, 2018 at 7:33 pm #172150

Part B

She asks if I have her number, I say yes and I ask if she has my number. She says of course I have your number, you’ve texted me like a million times. The thing is I’ve only ever texted her once when We exchanged numbers so I was like WTF? And got defensive(bad) and was like no I haven’t what are you talking about, show me. And then basically I don’t really remember the rest but no date set and I’m perplexed why she said that. I don’t know if she was just dropping a grenadein order to not have to set up a date(probably) or if she was testing me in some way. What does it mean? Lol it seemed like maybe she thought I was purposely not texting her since I know it would seem needy and that she was congruence testing to see if I was actually needy or something. What you think?

frank6789
    frank6789
    Participant
    May 5, 2018 at 3:00 pm #172296

I’m not sure what she meant but I would want nothing to do with her. You’ve mad multiple attempts to do something and nothing has happened. I also think it’s telling that the other guy left her. I think she was trying to make the guy jealous by talking to you. It seems to me like this girl likes attention. She said hi to you because she knows you’re interested and that gives her validation. Avoid her.