What do I do now?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What do I do now?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 11:41 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

astacif
    astacif
    Participant
    April 2, 2019 at 2:07 pm #198055
    What do I do now?

Met a woman a couple months ago, after we hung out for the first time she had to leave on a 1.5 week trip. When she got back, she messaged me, asked to hang out that following week. We met up for drinks and food, it was great again. When I dropped her back off at her place, we hugged, and then she kissed me goodbye. The kiss(multiple kisses) totally surprised me because it was our second time hanging out after not seeing each other for almost 3 weeks. Anyways, that was a Wednesday. The Monday immediately after, I texted her and asked if she was free at all that week. She wasn’t, she had a couple friends coming to visit for a few days- I ended up having family and friends in town. She said “we should definitely see other next week though”. I agreed and told her to have a great week. It is the next week, a day and a half has passed since her friends left town. Is it still on me to initiate this third date? Or should I keep waiting for her to text me. I don’t wanna come off as desperate

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 2, 2019 at 5:03 pm #198058

If it ain’t worth asking for it’s not worth having…

Wait another day and if you haven’t heard from say something along the lines of.
    “Hi, just checking in to see if we’re still on for getting together this week?
    If so, let me know what day works best for you. Hope all is well!”

In the event she backs out or does not respond I would move on.
    The only exception would be if she countered with something else in the very near future.
    Otherwise I would leave the ball in her court while I went out with other women.

A common mistake a lot of daters make is (acting like they’re in a committed relationship) without a commitment!
    These days when someone tells you they’re having “friends” over (you shouldn’t assume) they are “platonic friends”.
    Becoming emotionally invested too quickly can lead to heartache. Keep your options open at this point.
    Dating other people keeps you from acting desperate because your social calendar remains active.

astacif
    astacif
    Participant
    April 2, 2019 at 5:14 pm #198059

Great advice, thanks! I have past relationship trauma surrounding not being communicated with, and I often overthink the actions and words of people I date as a result of my past. I end up getting attached too quickly.
    Thank you!

carla2019
    carla2019
    Participant
    July 24, 2019 at 4:00 am #204243

Hey
    Yeah I’d drop her a text, just keep it simple.
    She seems interested so just go with your instinct and don’t over think.

hummingbee
    hummingbee
    Participant
    August 5, 2019 at 11:20 pm #204879

She seems into you I would send a text and check in. If she engages casual bring up getting together again.

KylieTea
    KylieTea
    Participant
    September 22, 2019 at 1:32 am #207349

I always say there’s no harm in just asking. Just say hey, I don’t mean to pester, but are we still on? If not I understand. It won’t hurt to try!