What do you think about casual relationships?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 8:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

carajane
    carajane
    Participant
    March 6, 2019 at 7:39 am #196045

Hi. I’m recently considering a casual relationship with a guy i’m really attracted to..and i’m trying to consider all the pro’s and con’s of this kind of relationship.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 6, 2019 at 1:43 pm #196085

Truth be told {every relationship} starts off as a “casual relationship”.
    It would be foolish to enter into a committed relationship with someone you barely know.
    It takes (time) to get to know someone well enough to see if they are (serious relationship potential) or not.

The two things that separate most “casual relationships” from “serious relationships” are:

1. Intention – Sometimes people simply want things to remain noncommittal and therefore relax their “must have” requirements.
    2. A “serious relationship” is the result of a casual relationship that “evolved” over time or someone (insisted) upon it.

Beware of the person who tells you they are “ready to get married” and they don’t even have a boyfriend or girlfriend!
    Essentially they are pursuing a marital/relationship status and are only in need of a “prop”.

Ideally the “special person” you are {already with} should be the reason why you’re suddenly having thoughts about marriage. Usually it’s best to meet someone and fall in love first!

lostsimba23
    lostsimba23
    Participant
    March 8, 2019 at 6:42 pm #196276

I agree to the first comment. I am seeing this guy and I just realized I am starting to like him. I am so scared and I actually dont want to rush things. I told him I was scared because hes too good to be true. I think he kinda freaked out and asked for 2 weeks break as he was still dealing with an exgf but he likes me so he needs space and time to figure things out. I gave him the space and time. If at the end, he was just bullshitting me at least I did my part. I tried to make it work. Didnt pressure him. I have nothing to regret. If he chose me to try more with me, i will be really happy. If he choose to be with his ex again, I will accept it and move on.

infoondating
    infoondating
    Participant
    March 9, 2019 at 11:47 pm #196292

I think casual relationships are good

bullschamp180
    bullschamp180
    Participant
    March 11, 2019 at 2:47 am #196330

I do not agree with casual relationships, as they all seem to fall apart or deteriorate over time.

viltz
    viltz
    Participant
    March 12, 2019 at 8:14 am #196484

You can have any type of relationship you want and you don’t have to explain yourself to anyone. A relationship that is friends with benefits is fine, as long as each of you aren’t sleeping with a bunch of other people too. You don’t want to catch anything. Just casually dating people is more than ok (presumably not sleeping with them all – again, diseases) and you get to meet new people and see if you find the right one. Enjoy.

doesntmatter
    doesntmatter
    Participant
    March 18, 2019 at 8:48 am #196917

Whatever 2 consenting adults do with their time and themselves, is their business. Just realize from the start that the sex is no strings attached, there are no deep feelings, it’s no different from a full body workout with the treadmill and weights.

Pros – Call him and meet, have sex, get out, rinse and repeat. No need for emoji kisses and catching feelings. You are there for sex, and so is he, and that’s where it ends. You don’t have to play “wait 2 days before you text” or any of the other nonsense.
    Cons – If you catch feelings, chances are he won’t, and you’ll be miserable. He’s probably got 5 girls on each side of you waiting for their next call, so STDs could be a problem; don’t tell your family you’re doing it – the old school will shame you immediately; the new school may or not; they smile and do it silently, so don’t make it public

bri82480
    bri82480
    Participant
    March 18, 2019 at 12:43 pm #196987

Follow your heart. That’s the best advice I can give you.

kote123
    kote123
    Participant
    March 19, 2019 at 3:28 pm #197100

They can be really nice but you need to be careful not to get too involved until you’re sure both parties are really into it.

WidowedandWeary
    WidowedandWeary
    Participant
    March 25, 2019 at 12:08 pm #197571
    Reply To: What do you think about casual relationships?

The biggest pro is it’s easier and less work to find one and you can have at least some form of companionship sooner rather than being alone. Another pro is freedom – and only you can decide for yourself whether freedom or connection is more important to you. The biggest con is that it is extremely risky unless you’re dead set against getting serious with anyone, because you could develop more serious feelings about the person “by accident” yet it may never become anything more because of the up-front expectations the other person had. The pain this can result in isn’t worth it in my opinion.