What happened?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What happened?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 7:51 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Melanie B
    Melanie B
    Participant
    July 28, 2018 at 1:21 pm #180427
    What happened?

So I met this guy online and we went for coffee. He asked me to hangout on the weekend and we did. We went on our second date and it was amazing. Things got really heated by the end of it. We were naked and rolling around in his bed. He knew I wasn’t comfortable in havig sex and he told me he’d follow my lead. So then we didn’t have sex but he told me to come back tomorrow night to meet up. I said maybe & then said okay. He said think about it for a bit and see if you wanna have sex tomorrow night.

The next day he texts me saying something came up & he told me he was sorry he couldn’t get together. I said okay.
    The next day I asked if he wanted to get together indirectly saying I decided I wanted to have sex with him. He was busy.
    I asked him the 2nd day again and he said he was sorry he was out with his family. Then the 3rd day I just said hi and he told me he hoped I had a good day but didn’t hav time for this right now and he was busy with work & fam. I didn’t reply.

Melanie B
    Melanie B
    Participant
    July 28, 2018 at 1:25 pm #180428

I really really liked him. I wanna text but feel like it’s over and it wouldn’t make a difference. Only make me look desperate. I’m so confused. Can I text him in a couple weeks? Did he feel I rejected him? Did he just want a one nighter? What happened?

Melanie B
    Melanie B
    Participant
    July 28, 2018 at 1:28 pm #180429

I figure he knows how to contact me if he wants to reach out. I’m just so heartbroken because I don’t like many people and I really liked him.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 28, 2018 at 3:26 pm #180430

“I’m just so heartbroken because I don’t like many people and I really liked him.”
    No one should be “heartbroken” after only two dates!

From what you wrote this guy is not “into you”. Odds are he’s seeing someone else.
    Most people online are keeping their options open as should you.
    After all you weren’t in an “exclusive relationship”. He may have clicked with another person better than he did with you.

As hurt as you might feel about him giving you the brush off give him credit for not trying to force things when you were naked.
    He also didn’t try to squeeze you in when it was clear you guaranteed him a “sure thing” was waiting for him.
    A lot of guys would have {made time} for the “hookup” before moving on and you’d be feeling worse.

When a man is actually “into a woman” he will be calling, texting, and making arrangements to get together with her.
    “If you want me in your life, put me there. I shouldn’t be fighting for a spot.” – Anonymous
    Rejection just means NEXT!

lovesickcanuck
    lovesickcanuck
    Participant
    August 4, 2018 at 11:49 am #180803

This is coming from my own experience, from when I was younger.

I have always been fairly in tune with my own feelings and how I operated. Back in my 20’s, if I met someone and we quickly got into a physical relationship, I would very quickly lose interest and move on. My opinion is that without developing a relationship where there were some emotional feelings developing, I would lose the thrill of the chase quite quickly.
    I would often give my younger sister in law this advice.
    If you want a guy to stick around, keep the physical part out, until you both have started to develop more than just a lust for each other.

Distance
    Distance
    Participant
    August 5, 2018 at 10:55 am #180836

Dont give it up to him. He is manipulating you into giving him sex so that he will like you.

JanetJ
    JanetJ
    Participant
    August 5, 2018 at 5:27 pm #180845

Simply, this person is a “player” and was looking for just quick hookup

ATXBlossom
    ATXBlossom
    Participant
    August 8, 2018 at 1:00 pm #181103

Forget about him and move on. Obviously, if he is not seeing you when you were so close to having sex with him, he got frustrated and moved on to someone that would have sex quickly. If this is not the case, he should say something like “please don’t think that I don’t want to see you because we didn’t have sex…” He MUST know how this looks.

seekingadvice
    seekingadvice
    Participant
    August 8, 2018 at 5:51 pm #181139

I understand how you feel and that you want it to work, but at this point I think you are better off not contacting him. If he does contact you, don’t be too eager and definitely get to know him better before rushing into sex (assuming you want a relationship).
    If you never talk again, just move forward and try and stay positive.

satch89
    satch89
    Participant
    August 9, 2018 at 2:47 pm #181221
    Reply To: What happened?

I would let him go. If he wants to come back, he will contact you. Most things of this sort actually don’t have anything to do with you. It can be something completely else in his life that is making him give you those answers.

lktt71
    lktt71
    Participant
    August 9, 2018 at 5:54 pm #181254
    Reply To: What happened?

Keep your options open, in the dating game you have to move fast doll