What is going on?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What is going on?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 11:16 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Tonia71
    Tonia71
    Participant
    October 7, 2018 at 8:33 am #186413
    What is going on?

Hi I’m new here thanks in advance for all your help and comments. I met a guy on a dating site. It’s only been about 6 weeks and we have been on 6 dates. Every time we’re together we have a lot of fun and there’s definitely chemistry. On our third date he made the comment that he didn’t want to see other people and that he was removing his online dating profile and that he was so happy that he had met me. However he never did remove his dating profile. I know it’s early and we’ve only just begun dating but my problem is it’s just moving very slow and I don’t know where we stand I sometimes don’t hear from him for 3 or 4 days and if I text him he doesn’t respond. He does work a lot during the week but he’s off during the weekends. Which confuses me because we never spend time on the weekends he just gets distant on me. We typically meet on Wednesdays for dinner. I just feel like it’s very hot and cold and I don’t know what to make of it. Should I be expecting more?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 7, 2018 at 3:36 pm #186416

You’re presently in what is called a “Situationship”. In other words an undefined relationship.
    At the 6 week mark very few couples become “exclusive” or make a “commitment” especially online daters.
    Odds are you are not the only woman he’s seeing. As you pointed out his profile is still active.

“He does work a lot during the week but he’s off during the weekends.”
    “We typically meet on Wednesdays for dinner.”

That should tell you something right there.
    From what you described he’s either married, in a relationship, or wants his weekends free to play the field.
    If a guy is truly “into you” he’s going to want to spend some quality {weekend time} with you.
    He’s only meeting you on “school nights” and he’s not in touch for 3-4 days at a time.
    Doesn’t exactly sound like a someone still in the infatuation/honeymoon phase.

If you have to “figure out a guy” it means he’s not into you.
    “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

See other guys or move on!